1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Desktop Sync with Mac (contacts only) ?

Last Updated:

1. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Member This Topic's Starter

Just got a Legend, already have a Mac, moving from a Palm-based phone (Treo680).

With the Treo / Palm you get a desktop application, which you can sync with the phone. This keeps my contacts self-contained which is what i want.

I prefer to work in a similar fashion for syncing with Android, that is, sync directly with my Mac, without going via "the cloud". In this case, I guess the desktop application will be Macs "Address Book" as no one seems to provide a Mac based desktop app, its assumed you'll sync via outlook, gmail or something else that already exists.

So far, the only app I have found that will do this seems to be "missing sync". Are there any others I should consider? Cost is not the issue, I just want something that's robust and works.

Second question, I also have a PC, I presume the answer there is to use Missing Sync to sync with outlook on that? I'll have to create a new user account there, to separate my existing outlook contacts from my phones contacts.

EDIT: Sorry about the "thumbs down" that was typo, cant see how to edit the title

Advertisement