Desktop Wallpapers

1. MonthOLDpickle

MonthOLDpickle Well-Known Member

I am having an issue here. I have a friend who sent my a pic from her phone to my phone (I downloaded attachment)..

I want to make it my desktop but the resolution is around the desktop size but when it asks to crop I can't even fit the person face in!

I tried in PS changing resolution (480 X something, 640X480) but still no luck!

The pic dimensions are 400 x 240....

Any help?

Advertisement
    :
  2. jfritzs2

jfritzs2 Well-Known Member

In order to fill the desktop, the image needs to be 640 width X 480 height

However, there are some that images that just won't work. Even when the dimensions are correct the phone for some reason will not allow you to full picture in, it still makes you crop it to a portrait style even though you don't want that. I'm not sure why it does that.
  3. MonthOLDpickle

Would uploading it to a hosting site than downloading it via the browser work?
  4. jfritzs2

jfritzs2 Well-Known Member

Not sure, but I would resize it first, set it to 640X480 is you can with it looking good still, then upload it, then try that way, but chances are it might not work. I hope it does, but sorry if it doesn't. That's just the phone for some reason and I've had that happen too.
  5. MonthOLDpickle

Yea the pic doesn't even come close to fitting 640 x 480 so I am gonna add stuff to it and try again.
  6. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

Download "wallpaper set & save" from market ... no need to crop anymore.
  7. budney

budney Active Member

I just do the fallowing with my wallpapers.

http://www.isi.edu/~johnh/OTHER/ANDROID/wallpaper.html
    salmonman78 likes this.
  8. salmonman78

salmonman78 Member

Forgive me for resurrecting a zombie thread but as I just bought a LG Optimus M and searched forever for this info it seemed. Worked beautifully.