Desperate -- i need your help pleaseSupport

1. maikiii

maikiii Member

hi, so i have my s2 phone at&t from hawaii, and it only last for about 4-5 hours tops, i downloaded the juice defender and turned the brightness to the lowest...
    i'm really illiterate when it comes to this phone, please help me, i dunno what to do...
    AND I HAVE TO CHARGE IT FOR 2-3 TIMES A DAY

4h 27m 2s on battery

Display --- 80%
    Android OS --- 7%
    GO SMS Pro --- 4%
    Android System --- 3%
    Cell standby --- 3%
    Google Play Store --- 2%

that's what it shows in the battery thingy

things i downloaded
    - kakaotalk
    - inotia 4
    - zezonia 4
    - GO SMS pro with 2 skins i downloaded
    - GO Launcher - with 4 skins i downloaded

please tell me the things that i'm suppose to know and do... PLEASE PLEASE
    tell it to me step by step because i'm not really good with this phone... i don't know i hope you can help me PLEASE

Advertisement
    :
  2. bumwithshoes

bumwithshoes Active Member

First off get rid of juice defender

Upgrade to ICS do factory reset after

Drain the battery til it shuts down,recharge and you should be good to go

I see no problems with your downloads other than juice defender,it was good on early Androids but not really needed with latest.
  3. maikiii

maikiii Member

How do i upgrade to ics?
  4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

If you download the Samsung Sync suite "Kies" from their website Transfer, Sync & Manage Music, Movies, Photos, Contacts and Calendars with Kies, once installed you can plug in your phone to your PC. When it connects it will let you know if the update is available to you. Once your phone has updated, I highly recommend performing a factory reset to clean up any leftovers from Gingerbread.

Give that a try. If you have any problems, just let us know.
  5. maikiii

maikiii Member

but how do i factory reset it? :S
  6. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

If your phone starts up in ICS normally, you can simply go to menu>settings>backup and reset> and choose factory data reset. You can also do this from the recovery screen. With the phone off, press and hold the volume up and volume down buttons. Then press the power button until the phone vibrates. release the power button but continue to hold the volume buttons until you see the recovery console. Use the volume down key to highlight "wipe data" and use the home key to select. There may be some additional confirmations but once you've done that the phone will reboot and you should be good.

Please remember to backup all important data before doing any of this or you may risk losing it.
    pastafarian likes this.