• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Desperate. Please help. Usb storage mode.

thidian

Lurker
Feb 9, 2015
Hello Androidforums, converted iTard here.
A good friend of mine dropped her S5 last weekend when we were clubbing and her screen broke. As in completely black and it'll cost way too much to fix it.
All she really needs is the files she's got on the device. Essays and the likes.
She's really devastated and I know you can't just plugg the phone in and access the files.

So my question is this:
Is there a way to force the usb mass storage setting somehow?
Without access to the actual touch and OS.

Sincerely, boy trying to impress girl.

Ps if it's possible to do, I'll come back to this post with a picture of her/our gratitude to say thanks.

If the phone is still "alive", use a PC web browser and goto Play Store.
Have her log in with her gmail or Play store login/password.

find * MyPhoneExplorer works even when locked and can't access screen

if her phone is still active, that is WiFi or MobileData is working, her phone will do an auto install of that app.

Then you or her installs the PC companion app and connect the phone to the computer with USB cable.

As soon as the PC app is brought up, it will allow you/her to download all of the contacts, messages, etc... and maybe the pictures... not sure there.

To get access to the files on the phone itself, I had to unlock my phone so hope her digitizer is still working and she can unlock the phone. Once unlocked, it will keep working for as long as the PC app is connected to the phone.

To me, this is the very reason that I push this app so hard in my Signature lines. It is a true life saver "at times".
MacroDroid can help extend battery life
MacroDroid senses Screen off, turns Wifi & Data OFF
MacroDroid senses Screen on, turns WiFi & Data ON

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones