Despite searching here, can't find info on STURDY holsters & cases that fit a larger battery...Accessories

Last Updated:

1. jws3

jws3 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, all-

Total newbie here thinking about a DINC to replace a week old Blackberry Bold that I just can't see the screen on or get used to the insufferably tiny keys. Plus, the load time for internet searches on the is best described as "glacial". A friend has the Incredible, which I was impressed with.

After some lengthy searching here & elsewhere I discovered that for my purposes an extended battery is a firm must. Can't have a phone incapable of getting through a day without a recharge.

Problem: I also require a decent protective case AND sturdy, yet attractive holster, both of which accommodate an extended battery, which haven't yet found. I'd like a rubberized soft case that can slide into a secure holster that FIRMLY attaches to one's belt. No wimpy, easily flicked off plastic, thanks. I'd like a good leather case with strong belt clip.

Maybe I am asking for too much. Am I? I don't care if it costs $100, as I can't see a $10 case doing much good.

Any thoughts or ideas? Spent some time searching, but still came up empty.:confused:

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. 5150Marley

5150Marley Well-Known Member

No cases for the 2150 battery that Verizon sells.... as of now.

Sedio has a 3500 battery/ back door that they sell and will make a case for it.

3. jws3

jws3 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This seems to have a possibility, but also gives rise to a question:

droid belt case

Seems to say one can custom make it. You pick the leather, choose a clip or belt loop and can pick other custom options.

What about a magnetic catch? Can one be used on the droid incredible? Some phones don't seem to like magnets, not that I know which is which.

A bit more than the typical $25 junk (might cost $75 or so when done), but quality doesn't come cheap.

Any thoughts or experience with these people apparently based in New Zealand?