• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Determine what you've installed

I was wondering if there is a way to find out what mods have been done to a photo ... what Theme, ROM or Kernal have been installed?

Did you just buy a used fascinate? If so generally your best bet is to go back to stock with the dio1 odin file....because its tough to tell exactly what's been done to each phone

In about phone under settings you can see the baseband and system...,a stock fascinate would say dh12 for both (assuming it had never been used and taken the first ota) an officially up to date fascinate would say dio1 for both...,a fascinate running a leaked system would say dj05 or dl09

You can tell if you have root by looking in your app drawer for the superuser icon...or getting into adb shell and typing su then enter

Roms are tougher to tell unless the dev edited the build.prop to put their name or the rom name in...,kernels you can determine either under info in setcpu....or in adb/terminal by typing cat proc (i forget the code atm...im sure someone else can chime in with that)

Themes are pretty easy as if your phone doesn't look like a stock fascinate then its probably running one...,the rest of the mods are a tad tougher to figure out

Upvote 0
Did you just buy a used fascinate? If so generally your best bet is to go back to stock with the dio1 odin file....because its tough to tell exactly what's been done to each phone ....

Not used, but because it so easy to change themes and kernels, I could see someone getting lost on whats on the phone ...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones