Detroit Free Press: Comparing the new iPhone, Droid Incredible and EVO 4G

Last Updated:

1. RedWingsFan

RedWingsFan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This guy is obviously an iPhone user.

Comparing the new iPhone, Droid Incredible and EVO 4G | freep.com | Detroit Free Press...

Advertisement
  2. pwabbit

pwabbit Well-Known Member

Just another hack reporter. I thought it was going to be a real head to head review. I should have expected it.

3. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

Whatever. If I want to videochat with someone over wifi, it's probably going to be while I'm at home, and I won't be using a 4" screen - I'll be using my PC or my laptop. Not sure why these reviewers don't get that. The point of vidchat is to be able to do it from anywhere when a 3G or Wimax signal is available, not just space-limited wifi. Guess the DTF doesn't know that with Evo, vidchat is included with plan and though technically not free it will not add cost to your bill while giving you the option to do. Oh, and there will be wifi chat coming to Evo.

Large screen overtaxing battery - that's a known tradeoff. I think what I'm seeing is that this guy doesn't know that the screen itself isn't the big consumer of battery - accessing and using the antennae and features is. But I'll give him the BOD on this one.

Cameras - it's a push at best. And anyone expecting great pix from a smartphone in low light is denying that taking pix in low light isn't something most smartphones should excel at. I don't make a habit of taking pix in the dark, and neither do most other people. Normal and full light photos - not so much of a gap.

Final verdict - another fanboy.

4. RedWingsFan

RedWingsFan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What pisses me off is they never review things that are actually important to a lot of real 'users'. Processing power, OS (actually digging deep instead of whats the first thing you see), applications, long term usage, etc..

5. MrX8503

MrX8503 Well-Known Member

You can never rely on local news to review anything that has to do with gadgets.