• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [DEV] ClockworkMod Recovery and CyanogenMod 7.1 on the Samsung Admire

Give it some time...This phone will be able to do some some real great things
i doubt it. had mine over a month and im already looking to upgrade. this phone is cool and all, but it is what it says it is..a great android starter phone. introduced me to the world of android after being a blackberry user for 5 years and iphone user for 1 year and i like it. you can load it up with as much software and mods you want, but until you can improve the hardware, then you can truly say it has alot of potential.

Upvote 0
i doubt it. had mine over a month and im already looking to upgrade. this phone is cool and all, but it is what it says it is..a great android starter phone. introduced me to the world of android after being a blackberry user for 5 years and iphone user for 1 year and i like it. you can load it up with as much software and mods you want, but until you can improve the hardware, then you can truly say it has alot of potential.

You really should give it a chance and give it some time. The Optimus m was marketed as a android starter phone as well and I had mine oc'd at 748 but it was stable well above 800. Running 2.3.5 on it with only an accelerometer bug, it was a great phone, go read through the Optimus m forum you will see multiple posts stating that the phone would 100% never run flash. Even technical details as to why it was impossible to have the phone support it, but guess what, it isn't the most stable part of the phone but it definitely does have a version of flash available to it now. Be patient and I guarantee someone will do something with this phone that will blow your mind.

Reactions: nuttmeg
Upvote 0
One thing that I think alot of people overlook is that the Admire runs on MetroPCS. Why is this important? Well, Metro was discovered to be using an inferior networking protocol that caused their 4G to run slower than normal EV-DO speeds. It would not surprise me to find out that they played games with the firmware and kernal to "downgrade" the Admire from it's potential. I'm also willing to bet that this is a component of the Radio Layer issue. It would make sense if they were buggering with it to force the unit to report a better signal than it actually was receiving.

Upvote 0
just noticed that an HTC g1 got an ICS port, that proves that if that device can do that than our device can do more. I also heard that cyanogenmod needs 2 months for cyanogenmod 9.1. Just wondering if there was an ICS rom? and what's so good about cm than a custom rom? Also can i get info on flashing, does this allow you to receive another carriers data and perfectly send texts and calls?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones