Dev Needed... 2.1 Running on the Behold 2

Last Updated: 2013-05-13 04:57:12
  1. BH_MAN

BH_MAN Well-Known Member

Okay Guys... It's a WIP based off GAOSP 2.1, but got it Running

No Vibrate / Sound / Camera / Wifi atm Moment.,..

Posting Pictures of it working...

Likely will Post it For Dev's Only to work on.. Contain's a Speacial kernel that Has the SH linked to /system/bin so you can Push & repair Bin Files..

Running in Emul Mode do to Sound Rebooting the Phone... If we had sound we could use it, as we Have Data & Phone working :(

Dev's. Link for Download > BH_MAN_21.tar.zip

Attached Files:

Advertisement
    laker666, wii, Imobjoas and 54 others like this.
  2. Exaqtion

Exaqtion Well-Known Member

2.1! That looks beautiful lol. Good Luck buddy.
  3. Hey BH_MAN i am not much of a Dev myself but i have been interested in it. If u can tell me just a couple things that i need to do to help u out i totally would. But if u feel that i wont be much help then i understand. Ive never made a Rom or hack but i learn easily and am very understanding of cell phones... Particularly android :D
  4. BH_MAN

BH_MAN Well-Known Member

Not trying to Be Rude, but If I have to tell you what to do this is a little Redundant for me & the whole Process of getting it working correctly is all.
  5. No worries i understand. Im not very experienced so maybe i can do my research and help with a different project or something. Sorry i cant be of assistance this time.
  6. a.dt.martinez

a.dt.martinez Active Member

wow....just plain awesome, best of luck to ya, and thank you again for all your hard work
  7. BH_MAN

BH_MAN Well-Known Member

Will Upload in the Morning / When I wake up..
  8. eric.roman20

eric.roman20 New Member

this seems interesting... i already have the 2.1 on my G1 using Cyanogen Mod... I wanna take this baby for a test drive... lol
  9. SweetGreen

SweetGreen Member

BH_MAN is really the man sammy and tmobile are taking too long good to know someone like this guy is giving them the finger and rooting it for 2.1
  10. thugjedi91

thugjedi91 Well-Known Member

looks sick, is there multi-touch?
  11. microhaxo

microhaxo Well-Known Member Developer

wish i was more experienced with the kernel, then i'd be able to possibly sort out the drivers.
  12. sado1

sado1 Well-Known Member

It's based off GAOSP, not MustyMod - at least as we can see on the screenshots. By the way, GAOSP is really in need of some devs to help with overall project (atm drakaz must do almost everything on his own), so it would be good idea if some developers from BH2 community would help. More rapid development should start when 1.6 kernel sources for Samsung Galaxy are released (it should be much easier to port 1.6 2.6.29 kernel to 2.1 than 1.5 2.6.27 one), but we have much work done with 1.5 kernel too (still, it's probably going to be abandoned soon so I don't see much sense porting it to BH2 now, just'll be a waste of time). You're welcome to join our IRC channel - #i7500 @ FreeNode and ask drakaz if you want to code for us. I'm also available at #behold2.

And btw, I wouldn't hope for Multitouch as I believe we've tested BH2's screen too when we were testing Galaxy one. The problem is that Galaxy touchscreen's firmware (not to be confused with phone's firmware) doesn't recognize the position of more than one finger (and it's likely the case with BH2).
  13. BH_MAN

BH_MAN Well-Known Member

Currently I'm using the 2.6.29 Kernel along with the 2.1 Ril File's... I had to Merge alot of Moment Files in the 2.1 GOSAP build for it to even work / Boot given the RFS Security both Phone's use's.
  14. ibnturab

ibnturab Active Member

Why is it based on Samsung Moment and not Samsung Galaxy I5700 which is already on 2.1 ?
  15. Ohgami

Ohgami Well-Known Member

I would assume it has more to do with the Moment also having a Leak of 2 2.1 roms. And I know that they have tried the i5700 with little success.
  16. Ohgami

Ohgami Well-Known Member

Hows the progress on this? Were you still going to upload the files for this?
  17. twobambutree

twobambutree New Member

Thanks man...you are the best..
  18. Rexrbgh

Rexrbgh Active Member

Would there be anyway to overlay touchwiz on 2.1? (Don't hate me for liking Touchwiz) :D
  19. Ohgami

Ohgami Well-Known Member

I think for TW on the 2.1 we'd be better off waiting for Sammy to come through on that front...assuming there's no leak like what happened to the Moment's 2.1.

Also the Moment 2's TW (Not the Moment Android 2.1 but Moment version 2) is very different than the BH 2's TW. I suspect We'll get that. (unless BH_MAN knows anything different)

I believe the TW for 2.1 will be very different than the TW we are used to since some of the things Sammy added in the 1.5 TW are common items in 2.1 (Camera zoom, Bluetooth and Wifi Features). I have a strange feeling that the Behold 2's TW 2.1 will make it's appearance about the time the T959 is due to come out in June (rumored).
  20. fallenturtle

fallenturtle Well-Known Member

I'm sure there's an GUI engineer somewhere at Samsung who's using your post to refute his firing. ;)
  21. Ohgami

Ohgami Well-Known Member

Of course now that I said what I said and not kept it to myself I'll be proven wrong :p
  22. BH_MAN

BH_MAN Well-Known Member

No you are Correct :D

Regarding teh Image......

I need to Get it back on my Phone again... I DD over the system image I had, but still can get it back up and going again...

I'm going to try some Older File's and Hope I can get it going with Sound.. If so then I'll be a Happy Camper for now :D

I got a few Hours tonight, so I'll do a few tries with it..
    acseazzu, Erick, brssnuckles and 6 others like this.
  23. Ohgami

Ohgami Well-Known Member

btw I Threw this thread as a place holder for your 2.1 Rom on the Rom List Thread.
  24. BH_MAN

BH_MAN Well-Known Member

Thanks...

You might Remove the Hero port though... I have no desire to port that now... More of a Proof of concept post, maybe later after / if I can get 2.1 going... that's my main goal at this point.
  25. Ohgami

Ohgami Well-Known Member

I thought as much that's why I put that it was on hold.
    BH_MAN likes this.