Dev Needed... 2.1 Running on the Behold 2

1. aequitas3

aequitas3 Well-Known Member

damn....i'd definitely go out and get a bt headset just to use it lol. :D just sucks i have to sit back and wait instead of finding some way to help. i've read just about EVERYTHING i can find out on the web that has to offer about developing, but can't seem to do crap lol. oh well...if i can do anything, give me a shout :D
  2. P5ychoDooM

P5ychoDooM Member

As its true most developers like the basic Android...the Motocliq with Motoblur doesn't have any ROMs besides the Handler 1.5 probably because the Motoblur is so over bearing that you feel like thats the OS with Android as the feature and not the other way around. As for me, I actually like the TWIZ. I like the features it provides for, love the camera and the messaging app. I could do without the cube and the game demos though. I like not having to keep the dialer, contact, and web apps taking up space. I wonder how the live wallpaper will work with the rotating home screen if BH_MAN does a 2.1 with TWIZ? I will just have to live without that I guess if I can keep the TWIZ plus the 2.1 live wall papers.

Good job BH_MAN...though the journey may seem far to get a stable ROM on this thing, it will all be over before you know it and all of us will be sending you beer money.
  3. BH_MAN

BH_MAN Well-Known Member

The Problem is due to not having a Kernel Source above .27...
    Me and Braka worked on 1.6 & even posted a Beta...

ModMyMoto Name is Eugene373

There is my Pulse rom for the Cliq by = Kmobs.
    There is my None Blurred Handle Rom.
    I had Ported Twiz to the Cliq but had Radio issues
    1.6 Cyanogen Beta I made.. Radio Issues
    2.1 ( My AOSP ) 2.5 version I had Running on the Cliq.. Driver issues.
    Had Ported the LG 620 to the Cliq but had Radio issues
    There is My Cyanogen 1.5 I did, with Key mapping fix by Peterchris.
    Few Hero Ports for the CLiq.

It's not Hard Ports Rom to the cliq, I just got tired of working on it...
    in the End I trade my cliq for another BH2.

4. LightofHonor

LightofHonor Well-Known Member

So I was reading on drakaz about the new Galaxo 1.6.3.1 rom... is that what you are working on porting?

I saw they have the galaxy running @710mhz... is that feasible to get to work on the Behold 2?

And finally, since we can run the stock 1.5 galaxy rom, I'm guessing there are revolving issues on why we can't just flash this one? I did read that the new Galaxy custom kernel was the same for the behold 2.

Thanks... and enjoy your weekend off :)
  5. BH_MAN

BH_MAN Well-Known Member

Yeah the Source is the same now for Both...

To bad Samsung Removed the Source for the BH2 though...
    So, no it's not Possible to build yet again.
  6. bionicgrape

bionicgrape Well-Known Member

They're afraid you're going to put their dev team out of business.
  7. i2hi4u

i2hi4u Well-Known Member

8. leo1981

leo1981 New Member

9. RonWeez

RonWeez New Member

I put the 2.1 rom on my phone and i tried tweaking with it trying to get the sound to work. no luck tho... ill keep trying
  10. BH_MAN

BH_MAN Well-Known Member

Um? That phone uses OMAP... But no as we don't have any true 2.1 parts from our phones to make it work..
  11. BH_MAN

BH_MAN Well-Known Member

LMAO, please stop posting source.... Not Directed at you per say....

The Source Samsung Posted in Ripped apart & has all there Drivers removed from it... You Can not Build anything from this...

They only Posted this to cover there ass, but you can't use it at all.....:rolleyes:
  12. psz

psz Well-Known Member

Wow... Flashbacks to Linux circa 1995, and trying to get a sound card working...

(I wonder if this means BH_Man should decompile existing drivers to get things functional... Worked for Sound Blaster drivers :p)

<j/k>
  13. pacDiesel

pacDiesel Member

Looks awesome.
  14. kingrichards

kingrichards New Member

so does this thing working at the moment?
  15. psz

psz Well-Known Member

No. If it did, you'd A: Notice a really big intro post (Possibly an entirely new thread), and B: It would be announced on AndroidSPIN's forums (BH_Man's new "home")

Hence the "Dev Needed" in the title ;->
  16. derrickps3

derrickps3 Well-Known Member

aren't they releasing the official version soon????
  17. derrickps3

derrickps3 Well-Known Member

lets not be rude towards other users. no need for that
  18. behold_this

behold_this Well-Known Member

Will a modderator please delete these b.s. posts by these two! THIS kind of stuff is what is ruining this forum not an indivdual.
  19. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

No more flaming or name calling. Next one gets a 3 day ban.
    mwl1119, rodandtodd, ImABoss and 6 others like this.
  20. psz

psz Well-Known Member

Gracias
  21. so what needs to be finished in this? i can start doing work on this i mean i know we dont have the proper kernel and were missing alot of things for this phone but i could at least try and get this rom going.. not like the behold 2 is going any where since theres no 2.1 and i have my G1 to fall back on and am getting the EVO in july... so i will do some work on this
    Ohgami likes this.
  22. behold_this

behold_this Well-Known Member

what it needs is sound and 3G, but also needs vib. wifi and bluetooth(not for calls though) are working and i believe that the radio is working but with no sound there are no calls.
  23. ok there is only 1 problem i am having right now aside from the no sound and vib... the keyboard wont work could i download a keyboard through adb or something? also how do you put market on here cuz its not on this rom
  24. Ohgami

Ohgami Well-Known Member

I don't know if these files are more updated than the ones on Android Spin.
    You could grab swype or HTC keyboard and adb push if possible.
  25. aequitas3

aequitas3 Well-Known Member

if you want the swype keyboard, i can pull it from my phone and post it for you if you'd like. i myself ran into the same problem when i flashed this ROM onto my phone, both with clearing the dalvik like BH_MAN told me to. dunno why, but it still caused problems with me. if there's anything i can do to help, let me know...