[Dev-Only] CM10 status

1. rukin5197

rukin5197 Well-Known Member

Hi, me again. I do realize that CM9 isn't out of alpha yet but I still want to get Jellybean rolling, as whatever we fix in ics we will have to fix again in jellybean, still some dang code editing :p lol

Okay, so, I have downloaded the source. I will begin the building, but looks like CM isn't very good with the support for 7x30 devices. I learned this from the one v devs.

Any devs feel free to throw suggestions out there. Like before with mantera, I will not post a build until alpha worthy.

If you want to donate to me to help further the cause of this, I would appreciate it very much :)
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=NLZDMJ8VEMP2C

Please donate to the other guys (Mantera/Tickerguy/etc) through the other CM9 thread. I'm too lazy to get them :)
    SCREENIES(Proof)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Advertisement
    :
  2. rukin5197

STATUS

8/3/12
    -Finally got my laptop back. Let's see what more accomplishments I can make without having to compile on a Evo 4g. Lol
    -Got past one error. Needed edits to device_triumph.mk because in JB they switched all the permission files to frameworks/native.

8/11/12
    -Got the build, all credit goes to mantera because I only contributed 1 file. Lol.

8/14/12
    -Got first boot. Everything seems to be working like ICS right out of the box
    -Fixed WiFi, (Currently testing)

8/15/12
    -Working on Wired Headset. Apparently the code is a b**** and not wanting to comply. I'll take a better crack at it later on in the day, when I have more time.
    -Gave up on Wired Headset as the code is way too different. Maybe someone else could help with that. But I'm working on 3g, everything seems to be going well. We might be stable very soon.

CURRENT ERROR

<insert logcat here>

HOW TO BUILD (For people that are wanting to help too)
    Code (Text):
    2. repo init -u git://github.com/rukin5197/manifest.git -b jellybean
    3. repo sync -jx (change accordingly)
    4. cd vendor/cm
    5. ./get-prebuilts
    6. cd ../..
    7. . build/envsetup.sh
    8. lunch cm_triumph-userdebug
    9. make -jx bacon
    Current Gapps
    Goo.im Downloads - Downloading gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip

WORKING
    RIL (Phone in/out & SMS in/out)
    UI (smooth)
    WiFi
    Bluetooth
    Sound
    Google Now (Voice isn't wanting to register very well though)
    SDCard Mounting
    All keys
    Lights

NOT WORKING
    3g
    Camera
    Themes in Settings gives a FC
    Music Playback
    Headphones

CREDITS(Just for in my future thread, but I'm putting all the names I can here)
    -Lloir (You Da Man)
    -Mantera
    -BSydz
    -JMZTaylor (jmz)
    -CyanogenMod
    -Google
    -TrueJournal
    -Anyone involved in the development of ICS/GB for the Triumph

CURRENT BUILD

And always, ALWAYS remember,

[​IMG]
  3. JTAKER

JTAKER Well-Known Member

Wow. Right when I was starting to think CM10 wouldn't get any love on the Triumph.

Nice to see you around again, rukin.
  4. Sleepingsirens

Sleepingsirens Well-Known Member

Dude thats amazing! i cant wait! im trying this the second it comes out :)
  5. Izzard

Izzard Well-Known Member

looks like I'm keeping my Triumph forever.
    rukin5197 likes this.
  6. TheDarkside13

TheDarkside13 Well-Known Member

Well I haven't had my triumph for about three weeks now but I get it back tomorrow. CM10? Damn right. Love this site. If you need help, I can try as much as I possibly can lol
  7. ebnight

ebnight Well-Known Member

Is it just me or does CM10 not have the same ring to it that CM9 and CM7 had?
  8. rukin5197

It will take a while. But I'm sure it will take off just as cm9 and cm7 did.
  9. rukin5197

Any dev here have suggestions on how to fix the latest error? Really don't want to hand edit code unless I absolutely have to. Lol.
  10. jarjar124

jarjar124 Well-Known Member

post the error? if its java related...im not gonna b much help...
    edit:nvm saw 2nd post..
  11. BSydz

BSydz Well-Known Member Developer

So, have you set up a git yet? I'd like to pull it down and look at it. I have a few ICS sources to compare it to that may help. I want to start building from source more, now that I understand it better, and have had ideas about the camera for a while. I'm messing with CM7 right now to get ideas on how to get GB rollin on our phones. Thanks for all of your work.
  12. rukin5197

Thanks for trying to help. I set up the device files. That was the only thing I needed to change. I'm setting up the second post with how to build it.
    BSydz likes this.
  13. mantera

mantera Well-Known Member

repo init -u git://github.com/mantera/android.git -b jellybean

Will do a complete build. You'll just need to start fixing the rest of the stuff.
  14. BSydz

What's up guys, how are things coming along? I couldn't get manteras repo to build right off the bat, but I have made it all the way to:

make: *** [out/target/product/triumph/obj/EXECUTABLES/recovery_intermediates/../../device/motorola/triumph/recovery/default_recovery_keys.o] Error 1
    make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Is there a command to pull just a single file? I jacked a file up when I was trying to fix it and had to resync everything. I know it was talked about before I just can't find it.

I think I'm gonna need a new hard drive soon, cause I swear I can hear every byte being written and read from it. But, it keeps grinding it out for now. :D

Good luck guys!
  15. rukin5197

Look at the commits on my git. They are how I bypassed those errors.
    BSydz likes this.
  16. rukin5197

Think I bypassed the latest error. Woot.
  17. BSydz

So where are you at know? I'm stuck in the framework, dealing with all the changes they made.
  18. rukin5197

Haven't ran into an error yet. Will update 2nd post when I do.

NOTE: I had to use AOKPs hardware/qcom/display and a file from a friend that goes into the device files. I will update that into the git later.

Edit: updated
  19. mantera

mantera Well-Known Member

I apologize, I didn't realize I had not pushed up the last of my updates to the device triumph files when I posted.
    rukin5197 and BSydz like this.
  20. BSydz

It's ok , thanks for everything you have done. I am trying to get hdmi working now before I remove it from the build. I keep getting the error below even though I have it in there. I know I just have to edit it but I have tried a bunch of stuff already..

frameworks/native/include/ui/FramebufferNativeWindow.h:78:20:
    error: 'framebuffer_device_t' has no member named 'orientationChanged' , 'setActionSafeWidthRatio' , and setActionSafeHeightRatio

Code (Text):
    1.     void orientationChanged(int orientation) {
    2.         if (fbDev->orientationChanged)
    3.             fbDev->orientationChanged(fbDev, orientation);
    4.     }
    5.     void setActionSafeWidthRatio(float asWidthRatio) {
    6.         if (fbDev->setActionSafeWidthRatio)
    7.             fbDev->setActionSafeWidthRatio(fbDev, asWidthRatio);
    8.     }
    9.     void setActionSafeHeightRatio(float asHeightRatio) {
    10.         if (fbDev->setActionSafeHeightRatio)
    11.             fbDev->setActionSafeHeightRatio(fbDev, asHeightRatio);
    12.     }
  21. BSydz

Ok, so I got past the hdmi not building, the error above was remedied by editing CM10/hardware/qcom/display/libgralloc/framebuffer.cpp, I referenced CM9 and added those lines. Just in case anybody hits this error.

I also moved the hdmid folder to CM10/frameworks/av/cmds/hdmid/ and made these edits: (I don't know if this is correct, it's just how I did it)

First, in HDMIDaemon.cpp, put "A" in front of all the "LOG"s that don't have something in front of them.

Then in HDMIDaemon.cpp change these.
    #include <gui/ISurfaceComposer.h>
    #include <gui/SurfaceComposerClient.h>

Then I'm sure I made other edits along the way but that was the hurdle. Hope this helps anybody that needs it.
  22. rukin5197

Thanks mantera for the updated device files. Everything builds correctly now. Let's now see this take off.
  23. corance

corance Well-Known Member

I love seeing 2 teams working at the same time. One on cm7 and one on cm10. I don't know how this stuff works but there may not even be a need for cm9. I mean if you can start cm10 and all that's wrong is the camera still...you would be working on that with cm9 anyways. Keep it up guys!
  24. gwz85

gwz85 Well-Known Member

I will love to test any alpha of this ROM.
  25. jhonka232

jhonka232 Well-Known Member

What kernel are you planning on using once you get this built?