Not open for further replies.
  1. StarScream2109

StarScream2109 Well-Known Member Developer

Heres the thread strictly for kernel development :D have at it guys

Advertisement
    :
  2. downthemachine

downthemachine Developer Incognito VIP Member

OK, I'll start out, so I'm able to build and boot .7 and I have a bunch of different sources, it appears hroark took the .11 and started modifying it for ics. I'm hoping that the thunderbolt ie mecha source might be usable, I have .13 and .14. I need some help understanding what I need to do to make it work. I know I need the make file from the original source. Oh I need to know which modules I need after the build is outputed, to include them in a zip.
  3. downthemachine

Shin, Bluetooth works on my kernel
    StarScream2109 likes this.
  4. StarScream2109

StarScream2109 Well-Known Member Developer

If you make a damn good kernel i will bow to you
  5. downthemachine

Ya I made a small change to allow swap, which didn't work, but I had to replace the clock_7x30.h .c etc to make it build. I used the ones from the mecha source, non oc. Maybe there is more in that source that's usable. I need to know what all shin modified to oc. I am also new to this, relatively
  6. shinru2004

shinru2004 Well-Known Member Developer

acpuclock-7x30.c that is the only file you need to edit for overclock, but let me tell you it wont be easy.
  7. downthemachine

K, I'll compare the mecha and Arthur sources, I have two different mecha ones that are oc
  8. jetx2x

jetx2x Well-Known Member Developer

What device is the mecha from?

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
  9. downthemachine

HTC thunderbolt
  10. downthemachine

Swap enabled, 300 meg swap partition on SD. See how it works out.
  11. downthemachine

It seems I can't find anyone that has oc'd the 2.6.35.7 source for the 7x30. Searched high and low. Unfortunately I don't quite have the coding experience to fully modify the acpuclock-7x30.c without getting multiple errors during the build
  12. shinru2004

shinru2004 Well-Known Member Developer

The Semc kernel from the freexperia project has an OC'ed acpuclock-7x30 its what i used to get an idea on it. I can also post my file if you wish.

Its technically three files total for the overclock. Edits where done to acpuclock-7x30.c, cpufreq.c and cpufreq.h was added to support scaling the cpu back down to idle from OC.
  13. downthemachine

If you could so I take a look that would be awesome
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.