• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [DEV][ROM][ALPHA][WIP] CyanogenMod 10 for the LG Esteem 4g LG-MS910

I been saying the same if u flash and u do a full wipe i never seen nothing like this when i flashed. And if you do see a problem he said he is not responsible for it and said that this isn't a daily rom. Now to fix your problem will only be the Lgpnst you say it don't work well make sure your dll are set and make sure you have user control off . If still don't work try the new lgpnst 1.3 you can set it to read which .

Upvote 0
I been saying the same if u flash and u do a full wipe i never seen nothing like this when i flashed. And if you do see a problem he said he is not responsible for it and said that this isn't a daily rom. Now to fix your problem will only be the Lgpnst you say it don't work well make sure your dll are set and make sure you have user control off . If still don't work try the new lgpnst 1.3 you can set it to read which .

I know how to flash, restore, program, ect... I AlWAYS clear cache, davlik, data, and sytem before flashing or installing a ROM. just cache's when installing other zips. I follow the instructions on any software. I Paid a lot of money for my Esteem.
This same problem happened almost 3 months ago after restore a backup. the Bios is fried. Will not hold my number and min info. this time it's causing the com.android.phone to crash (but from readling logcats, ONLY when the phone tries to connect and acces the CDMA bios. Can only use the phone in airplane mode.) last time the app didn't crash.

I went to metro today and they ordered a new brick(or refurbed like the one I have now was two months ago. Hoping for new one.) Warranty covers hardware failure.
I'm curious if anyone else has had this problem. It's happened to me twice.
and it was not during debugging . The first happened from a restore from CWM. This time it was TWRP.
flashing new rom, programing the #, and min, they don't fix it. the account info erases every reboot.

Now I gotta sit with a crappy stock brick w/out CMDA

If anyone wants a Logcat let me know before my replacement comes in (prolly fri or next week)

Upvote 0

all I ever do is a fact reset if that. ;)

Upvote 0
Well that problem with the airplane mode is common and a thread was written on it a while back . But if u having the problem when u put the backup on maybe your device maynot have a complete backup . Can i ask after you run the backup do you wipe the data and cache from the backup . I know i do cause sometimes old data is a problem .

doesn't matter what ROM i'm running, what backup I try. Anything I flash or restore, the airplane mode keeps toggling and crashing the phone app. at the same time, the phone will not hold my programing numbers anymore.
Every seen that happen? this is twice for me on two handsets in 3 months.

Upvote 0
So are we getting any love anymore or has the LG Motion superseded us? DEV THEIVES! :p

More than just the Motion. ;)

This is still active, can only bang your head against the desk for so long until ya need to work on something that cooperates. ;)

sas has been doing alot of debugging and him or I may have something new soon. ;)

Upvote 0
Well the esteem has seen tons of dev work... just no real headway on the CM front. lol

Guess I need to check more frequently, but for all of 2012 I only saw variations of Number Two ROM and BlackOut. I've had this phone for a year and a half still running #2 :( My ollllld LG Optimus had so many ROMs developed for it. Maybe I can still get $200 for this thing. Sigh.

Upvote 0
Guess I need to check more frequently, but for all of 2012 I only saw variations of Number Two ROM and BlackOut. I've had this phone for a year and a half still running #2 :( My ollllld LG Optimus had so many ROMs developed for it. Maybe I can still get $200 for this thing. Sigh.

I doubt it, it wasnt worth more than that new. Dunno what LG & Metro were smoking. ;)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I have a question . Everyone has talked about it and can say everyone . But we checking and changing this and that on cm 10 and nothing. i noticed that my number wont show . But now has anyone checked to see if the cm10 was in test mode or has anyone looked to see if the sid mdn and etc was entered to complete data connection . . This hit me while at work i have to try when i awake . But if someone try it and data works post back .:eek::rolleyes::thinking:

Upvote 0
When I flash the rom and gapps it reboots fine. When it starts up like a brand new phone it acts really slow. It cant find my Wifi for my house and after a while it'll just restart and ask me what country am I from. I kept flashing it over and over but it wont fully work. Could someone help?

Unless sas has released a build... then no, nothing ya can do.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones