Dev RUU on AT&T variant?

1. LoyalServant

LoyalServant Well-Known Member

More of a Scotty question but I am curious...

Anyone know if the dev RUU will work or do we need S-OFF for that too?

Advertisement
    :
  2. clsA

clsA Guides Guide

scotty85 likes this.
  3. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

loyal,youll need s off and either supercid or developer cid to run the developer ruu. it should work fine on your att device :cool:
  4. LoyalServant

Yeah I might give it a go.
    I can change over to the developer cid.

I wonder... If I used the dev ruu would I be able to get their otas normally and stuff?
    Would I essentially have a dev edition?
  5. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

yes,you would essentially have a developer edition,the hardware to my understanding is identicle.

you would always be able to run released RUUs,but recieving dev edition OTAs would depend upon the model number(product number)

i dont happen to have a dev edition getvar all,so im not 100% sure. if the model number happens to be the same as the att(712000) then id imagine OTAs would occure without a hitch if you stayed stock and kept the stock recovery.

i found on my one s,that the t mobile product number kept the unbranded europen software from OTAing. it would check,find update,and download OTAPkg,but fail when it tried to install.
    clsA likes this.
  6. clsA

clsA Guides Guide

Saw This I think it clears things up

7. LoyalServant

I actually figured that out when I was looking at a decompiled framework.
    There are quite a few icon packs in the framework that you can enable with little effort.
    scotty85 likes this.
  8. clsA

clsA Guides Guide

I was actually pointing out the fact that he installed the developer RUU and did the OTA update on an AT&T model by only changing the CID in Fastboot ... the icons were just a side effect.

scotty85 likes this.
  9. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

awsome! great info clsA :smokingsomb:
    clsA likes this.