[DEV][WIP] CM9-Esteem LG MS910

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

When I get it to a point so its more than just a POC aka 'o0o0o its boots' and has some functionality I will start releasing alpha or beta builds for all to play with. ATM tho all it is, is booting, unlocking, n fighting with the touchscreen to get it to just navigate. And this is with many hours or work into it already, with tons more required. ;)

Advertisement
    eversleyd, compubahn, macp and 11 others like this.
  2. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Well-Known Member

Well thanks for the update. What you consider the hardest thing in to compile in cm9 to esteem? Sorry for this selfish questions :(
  3. PlayfulGod

compiling hasnt been an issue, its getting crap to work lol
  4. methamp

methamp Well-Known Member

Could a large cash donation guarantee a working ICS in XYZ time frame? Meaning if you were paid to complete the work like a actual programming job, could you guarantee it would be possible and with minimal bugs?
  5. PlayfulGod

Would definitely help esp on the timeframe part, but no guarantees can be giving when we dont have all the needed source. We have GB src and are having to backport stuff from a ICS kernel to ours, editing, hacking, and modding driver src etc.

If ya noticed, no none ICS phones have a fully functioning ICS/CM9 ROM yet either. Some are in a better state than ours atm tho lol.

but yes one would definitely help out as then I could spend more time working on it n not worrying about making $$ to pay my bills lol.
  6. jzebrahockey

jzebrahockey Well-Known Member

PG likes getting paid in alcohol and midgets. LOL No I'm just kidding about the alcohol.:p
  7. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

People lets donate faster now pg you are in trouble lol
  8. guaterican101

guaterican101 Well-Known Member

9. boiphresh

boiphresh Well-Known Member

10. PlayfulGod

Prolly ported from a phone very close to it. And a youtube video doesnt show how it was done, ie from src, or a dirty port of a rom from another phone. Or how long it took em to get it working correctly, or how many ppl helped getting it working.

Atm, with the exception of a lil help here n there I am the only one working on it for the Esteem. Now grant it mt n achrist maybe working on it n just not updated me lately too lol
    macp likes this.
  11. redhook

redhook Well-Known Member

The midgets have to be greased up and come with a kiddie pool full of pudding.
    jzebrahockey likes this.
  12. guaterican101

No pressure pg just wondering how if that phone is old not to many people i believe even have it.
  13. allmanallpimp

allmanallpimp Well-Known Member

good to see this still coming along... i love seeing things like alcohol and midgets, then grease, kiddie pools, wowsers, thanks for the laughs/smiles :)
    jzebrahockey likes this.
  14. xdroiduserx

xdroiduserx Well-Known Member

is there any estimated date for this rom to be released?
  15. guaterican101

None so far it's stuck in boot loop and it's not to responsive with the touch screen.
  16. xdroiduserx

xdroiduserx Well-Known Member

damn lol. when it is released, will it be exactly like ics os, meaning all the new features like face unlock, & zero shutter lag, etc.... ?
  17. twistedriku

twistedriku Well-Known Member

At first release, probably not unless it's in the cyanogenmod repo. The first release will probably be with everything gingerbread has to offer and some extras from ICS with bugs. It'll probably be a "hey look, it works! Now to fix some bugs" rom at first. (No offense to PG and/ or Aichrist, but from what I read, ICS is gonna be a massive pain.)
  18. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Well-Known Member

Now, imagine alone working on it. It would be ALOT of effort and time.
    TattooedDroid likes this.
  19. PlayfulGod

It will be CM9 which is built from AOSP ICS. So at first it may not have all the CM elements to it, but it will be purely ICS/CM9. Only GB elements it will have is our kernel, and the proprietary files we dont have src to build new ones from. other than that yea it will prolly be very buggy at first and not in a real usable state. ATM I would say its in a pre-alpha state lol. I may later on today post a POC release if I can get the touchscreen to be a lil more usable.

True, I know achrist has put some time into it, esp on the kernel end, but I dont think it worked out as he had hoped n is starting over n following more along the path I have been going with it. Mt has done some work as well, and thecubed was working with another phone last I spoke with him. Not to mention we all have lives, jobs, etc outside of our hobbies. ;)

I know myself, I have tons of hours into it thus far with very lil to show for it, or so it feels, tho booting is a big step lol.
    macp, nuked, TattooedDroid and 3 others like this.
  20. guaterican101

21. PlayfulGod

mrpnut likes this.
  22. guaterican101

23. Sppookkyy

Sppookkyy Well-Known Member

It'll help give an idea on the wonderful job PG and others have Dunn. :)
  24. redhook

redhook Well-Known Member

Let me ask the magic 8-ball.

[​IMG]
    gbiggie and matter0ni like this.
  25. intrdrgn

intrdrgn Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.