Devastated with Android 4.2's Bluetooth issue with Wiimote?

1. darkuni

darkuni Well-Known Member

As you probably already know .. Android 4.2 neuters a lot of things we've grown to love; CIFS, OTG and yes - Bluetooth controllers like the Wii controller.

Well, while all the .EMU emulators are broken (Robert knows) and even the venerable USB/BT Joystick Center fails to pair up Wii controllers.

Guess what still works? iCades. And anything that is based on iCade - like the 8-bitty controller from Think Geek.

Plus, iCade support is alive and well within .EMU, MAME and many other games and emus.

So - while you wait for these things to get fixed? Grab an iCade based controller!

Advertisement
    karimosan likes this.
  2. ButcherChop

ButcherChop Member

OTG? You scared me. I'm still watching movies via my OTG from my flash drive. What OTG are you referring to? Thanks.
  3. darkuni

darkuni Well-Known Member

If you are using something like Nexus Media Importer and that's all? OTG is fine.

However, if you want to actually mount the USB as a drive and read and write to it? Like with StickMount? You're out of luck.
  4. kieths

kieths New Member

Nexus 7, 4.2.1 rooted, Stickmount is working on a test 2 GB thumb drive for both read and write operations using Astro. It may be that you simply lost root access during the 4.2.1 update, which rendered Stickmount inoperable. After rerooting, manually run Stickmount, then Mount the drive once manually. It works fine on mine afterwards...