Develop Your OWN apps? Yep...

Last Updated:

1. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. BlueIce5249

BlueIce5249 Well-Known Member

I have a feeling this could backfire on google. Anyone who is going to create a good app is most likely already doing so. I see the market being flooded with even more junk apps.

3. Curt941

Curt941 Well-Known Member

Great it will be just like the App Store for Apple where you have 25 different apps that all do the same thing!

4. 747tech

747tech Active Member

Too late!

5. MicroNix

MicroNix Well-Known Member

I think it is a good thing. Obviously the market apps and their popularity will gravitate to the more useful and refined ones. This kit will give people a chance to make their own personal apps and maybe even spark interest in a few more people to become full fledged devs and learn coding.

6. Beaver

Beaver Member

I want to make one for myself that displays the next cal entry in the notification bar when swiped down, simple but funcional

7. Apeman

Apeman Well-Known Member

What I think will happen is that people will make a million of their own personalized apps (Gallery, calendar,everything) and will flood the market with them. The problem with App Inventor is that it is pretty limited in function (especially UI design). While some will argue this may inspire people (kids) to start coding, I started because it was something I wanted to do. Most kids if they try to learn programming after using this block method would just give up, even with all the similarities because of my generation just doesn't have any patience.

Good try Google, and maybe it will help some people to get into programming.

8. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Well, at least it wont be long before the Android market catches or even bypasses the number of apps that apple has. Maybe when the numbers start picking up, we will start to see more mainstream apps as well.

Sent from Droid

9. sbursik

sbursik Well-Known Member

Maybe we'll be lucky and they will have a "User community" application area in the Market so we can avoid all of these "junk" apps from appearing in our search.

10. JM33

JM33 Well-Known Member

Unless Google is going to drop the $25 fee to put apps on the market, I don't see this being a big problem. Most people should realize that a junk app will not get them any return, even if it is only $25. Just my opinion...

11. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

yeap....that fee is still a barrier.

12. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

Would be nice if you could use the 5 star rating to limit your market searches. Meaning, you could have the market only display apps with 4 or 5 stars when you perform a search. That could keep people from just randomly putting out crap...and if they do, who cares...we wouldn't even see most of them ;)

13. johnlgalt

and limit market searched to filter out certain publishers *easily*....

14. UBRocked

Yeah...some sort of "reputation" scoring for the developers based on number of downloads and app ratings! Good call! ;)

15. johnlgalt

Hell, I'd love it if they were to even just add a blocklist to auto block said developers from jump street, say in a settings (.XML?) file....

16. UBRocked

Hey guys...I just put out my first application using this App Inventor!

It's an awesome app where you can select from a bunch of different fart noises and play them with your phone! I listed it for $19.99 and I'm going to be RICH!

:D