Developer Team Optimus M Discussion

1. KJohns

KJohns ROM/Application Developer Developer

To be perfectly honest, thats exactly what I planned to do lol. I was looking for downloads I can dissect, and have been researching the device a bit today since I didnt have classes.
  2. Phubu

Phubu Well-Known Member

3. AndroidHogs

AndroidHogs Well-Known Member

Yes that's our kernel you just need the lg board configs from another kernel like playfulgods or Bobzhome or reppard.
    sammyz and KJohns like this.
  4. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

@KJohn if you brick there's an unbrick guide. So don't be afraid of flashing stuff lol. The only stuff that's scary to flash is modified stock firmware...
  5. Cogra147

Cogra147 Well-Known Member Contributor

Hey we just started to port cm9 to the admire...So yea i think its possible... Its kernals buggy and the screen flickers but servace works for the most part. But still...
  6. Phubu

Phubu Well-Known Member

I'm about to try tripdoc79 ICS zip for the heck of it just to see how it goes on my phone, who else has tried it?
  7. KJohns

Don't worry sammyz, it's not the first device I've worked on lol . I remember my first brick like it twas yesterday ... (Thought my phone was a goner.)
  8. KJohns

how'd that work out broham?
  9. Phubu

Phubu Well-Known Member

Well i flashed while i was out on the road and i did run into that black screen he mentioned...got back home flashed R.O.C.K anyrom kernel and booted up.

To me it looks like is just touch screen that needs to be worked on, don't know about anything else. It's like triple work just to navigate lol.
  10. KJohns

as in the touchscreen works but its dodgy or it doesnt work at all?
  11. Phubu

Phubu Well-Known Member

12. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Its dodgy on that rom, you are able to barely navigate..BobZhomes CM9 (me and androidhogs have the test build) has data working as well as SD card storage. Can't test anything else because touch screen doesn't work at all.
  13. Phubu

Phubu Well-Known Member

i had caught on to navigating, but its way tooooo much lol
  14. KJohns

So what exactly is the difference between the two builds?
  15. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

One has enough working to be working as daily (except touch screen won't work at all) this is the CM9 build by BobZhome using a gingerbreadish kernel. It still has froyo mixed in a little. It has 3G working and calls working, but I can't answer because touchscreen won't work.

The other one has touch screen barely working. Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, adb, mass storage, SD card reading all doesn't work. Apps don't work at all either. That's AOSP by tripdoc using a froyo kernel.
    KJohns likes this.
  16. KJohns

how interesting... damn i cant wait to get the phone and start tinkering. there has to be a way to make it work. im convinced.
  17. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

It's a synaptics touch screen we have btw.
  18. Phubu

Phubu Well-Known Member

Did he tell you when he's gonna send the phone?
  19. KJohns

He said he was sending it this week, probably have it next week.
  20. omgbossis21

omgbossis21 Well-Known Member

Yea i havent gotten it out yet just got the rest of my accounts and stuff off of it today
    KJohns likes this.
  21. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

May as well follow unbrick guide and zero out/erase everything :p
  22. KJohns

even if he doesnt ill make sure the phones clear. there are those on the internet who would steal info for malicious use - i am not one of those people.
  23. t3084

t3084 Well-Known Member

but you could be! :p
  24. Phubu

Phubu Well-Known Member

Status?
  25. omgbossis21

omgbossis21 Well-Known Member

Phone should be on its way..
    KJohns likes this.