2. downthemachine

downthemachine Developer Incognito VIP Member

This is kernel source, good find!
  3. Slayer72

Slayer72 Well-Known Member Developer

Yes good find indeed, good job... :D
  4. MtDewFella

MtDewFella Active Member Contributor

Cool, but isn't source code useless if we can't unlock/get around the bootloader?
  5. Slayer72

That's gonna take some time, it'll happen eventually after more research is done and we find out what it's gonna take to do it...
  6. I need the boot loader opened! My hydro is a shiny beautiful brick lol
  7. I found out that ROM manager does crack the boot loader I don't know how but I have cm 10.1 o.o
  8. Wiesshund

Wiesshund Well-Known Member

Put down the crack pipe and back away slowly
  9. Slayer72

ROFLMMFAO!! What is that guy doing trying to get people to brick their phones?? Everyone knows not to mess around with Rom Manager on these phones or they're just asking for a potential brick... >.<
  10. Wiesshund

No idea, we need the diagnostic interface to see the bootloader.
    If we had that, well hehe.

Maybe he is a bored kyocera employee and needs more phones to reflash?
  11. Haha lol nah i might be yound but I'd never touch drugs and it worked for me not saying it will for others
  12. One question is cm custom recovery?clock work mod right
  13. Slayer72

CWM is Clockwork Mod Recovery, but you don't wanna flash that with Rom Manager, YOU WILL HAVE A PAPERWEIGHT!! You have been warned... The Hydro is not a supported device in Rom Manager...

And as far as what you said about cm10.1 CWM doesn't have a version that high so you must be talking about CyanogenMod which IS NOT compatible with the Hydro either...
  14. Oh sorry im kinda new at this but I love the hydro its a great phone
  15. Slayer72

Understandable and it is a nice phone for what it was intended for straight from the carrier but for me and a lot of the rest of us it doesn't suit my needs for what I like to do as far as modifying and customizing my phone so that's why I'm going back to the Samsung Transform Ultra when it arrives on Monday in the mail from California, I bought it from a friend from the Transform Ultra forum... :p
  16. Well I have a Motorola bravo I use for customizing its a great phone!
    Slayer72 likes this.
  17. Wiesshund

Dunno what you are touching, but it most certainly did not work for you on a kyocera hydro.
    Either your looking at the wrong phone, smoking crack, or blowing smoke, all of which could lead to someone bricking their phone

not cool
  18. emann

emann Member

Damn!! Being new to all of this makes one feel like being @ bottom of a deep dark well scteaming for help!! ( lmao ) need some advise on rooting, anyone familiar with lg dynamics?