1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Development, yes I want to help!

1. intheair86

intheair86 Active Member

I am wanting to develop for this device. Thing is I need a donor, as I have a spectrum. There is one on craigslist for 140, in my home town. I have adb knowledge, and beings we can root, I want to unlock bootloader and make a 4.2.x ROM available. If someone can help, please do. Looking forward to developing.

Advertisement
  2. intheair86

intheair86 Active Member

Getting an Intuition.
  3. afbcamaro

afbcamaro Member

I have the tools to restore to factory so you can revert in case things go wrong a safety net. You need to make a cable or buy a 13 dollar cable and my files. The cable you will be able to use with other phones as well, and all lgs
  4. intheair86

intheair86 Active Member

A cable? What type of cable? Sounds a little scarey...
  5. afbcamaro

afbcamaro Member

6. afbcamaro

afbcamaro Member

It's just a 910k ohm resistor between two points in a USB cable. The I'd pin... I just bought it since I like LG phones alot
  7. intheair86

intheair86 Active Member

Ok, someone want to donate a cable to me? Talking to Tdm (spectrum dev) about how to unlock bootloader if it is locked, and flashing cwm, and seeing if you can get CM 10.1 to compile, or would people rather have AOKP 42?
  8. afbcamaro

afbcamaro Member

I may donate such cable however. We have to also compile a kernel and remove the checking components on it as well. What have you found on unlocking the bootloader? The spectrum devs used an unlocked GB bootloader to unlock we don't have that luxury. So we would need to actually disable it directly. The team free gee for the LG G may have some insight on this. They have patched their locked bootloader binaries, not the same phone but the address as well as the method may be similar enough to give us some insight.
  9. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

I don't think you need this special cable, you just need to find a keycombo into download mode. On most phones it is (from powered off) Power+Volume Up+Volume Down
    Let me know if that works. :)
  10. afbcamaro

afbcamaro Member

Yes true enough however since this is a complete flash it goes into download a couple of times. So you would have to time it right
  11. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

No you wouldn't. I've been unbricking LG phones without owning them for awhile now. You can start flashing directly from that mode, you could be in download mode for an hour and it would work. :)
  12. afbcamaro

afbcamaro Member

Which flash tool are you using?
  13. afbcamaro

afbcamaro Member

No I don't mean that the download mode kicks out. I mean it reboots and expects the cable signal to cue download mode again which you can only engage manually without the cable
  14. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

15. afbcamaro

afbcamaro Member

Converting the cab in order to use this method may work on the intuition. I may try this just to see if it works on this device. It will be easier than the factory LG method for most people at least.
  16. afbcamaro

afbcamaro Member

with the tool i use i can use cab and tot files. The file I have is the complete tot file. The cab in my other post seems to overwrite the system files and a couple of other things. I was messing with bootloader images so i used the tot file which is more complete (overwrites ALL). but it is also around 1.2gb. I don't know if the method given will be able to convert the tot file. The cab will work for most people that brick their phones but for some of us that really want to test "other" things the tot file or at least a cab equivalent will be required.
  17. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

the CAB contains the TOT, so it will overwrite the same places the TOT would, not sure what the difference is when it comes to deving.
    As long as you have a way to get back after bricking it, eh? ;)
    It does fix most soft bricks. :)
  18. afbcamaro

afbcamaro Member

Umm my tot is bigger than the cab! :hmmmm2:

So the the bigger tot is inside the smaller cab. Compression???

I just know that the cab file was not complete when it comes to every partition, but i guess that is a mute point if it will recover from most bricks.

Do you have an intuition?

It seems we are the only ones talking about the "mysterious" arts :D
  19. afbcamaro

afbcamaro Member

I just checked my cab files and they do not include a tot file in them

From what I know the tot file is the master file used at the factory or recovery centers.

I would post it but it seems nobody is in need of it lol
  20. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

The CAB compresses the TOT and the TOT is compressed in the .wdb file.

Google search LG extract and extract the KDZ file you converted, then you'll be like, oh :p

Edit: here's the tool to extract the KDZ:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1692191

Edit2: No I don't have an intuition, I just know how to unbrick the LG's :p
  21. cpitkin

cpitkin New Member

I am trying to bypass the security on the phone and need an unlocked boot loader with cwm. afbcamaro pointed me to the forum and I grabbed the cab file but I am trying to find the utility to reflash the firmware so the security error goes away. I really want to get CM on this phone but am finding it difficult compared to my HTC Incredible and Nexus 7. I would really appreciate the help. Thanks in advance!
  22. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

How are you going to bypass the bootloader by flashing the firmware that came with the phone? :confused:
  23. cpitkin

cpitkin New Member

That was the wrong wording. I just need to know how to get the cab file installed on the phone because I am receiving the security error so the phone won't boot. What I want to do is load cwm on it and flash CM9 to it. Can you point me in the right direction for the cad file flash and possibly cwm?
  24. afbcamaro

afbcamaro Member

At this point in time there is no way to install cwm it just hasn't been made. The bootloader kernel check has to be bypassed. After this then the kernel has to be recompiled to remove the security for the os files LG built in. Then cwm can be installed. Right now all you can do is restore to factory to fix the error unfortunately . I could probably compile the kernel without security but I am at a loss on the bootloader yet.
    cpitkin likes this.
  25. cpitkin

cpitkin New Member

That is what I thought. Well for the moment I did have it rooted and went to flash cwm it is giving the security error. What program can I use to get it back to factory so at least I can get it to boot up? Thanks for all the help.