1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Device does not work after the update wrongSupport

1. informationn

informationn Member

Advertisement
    :
  2. informationn

informationn Member

I'm wait
  3. informationn

informationn Member

I wait
  4. informationn

informationn Member

I'm wait
  5. informationn

informationn Member

I'm waitting
  6. coos lick

coos lick Well-Known Member

I'm assuming you tried to flash a new ROM on it, and something now doesn't work? It would be best to say which ROM you have tried, and also what has gone wrong. Does it boot up but no WiFi or touchscreen? Does it get stuck on the loading screen? Something else?

Often, though a lot of these have the same outward appearance and specifications, slightly different components are used inside. This means that some ROMs do not work on one machine, but works ok on another. There are a couple ways round this if you supply more details (but can't promise!)
  7. Ottoboy

Ottoboy New Member

Hi i also have one of these tried flashing it but to no avail its the 8"screen one cheapy off ebay its stuck on uberoid screen any help appreciated
  8. nevart

nevart Member

Yeah what you need to do is go to the Uberoid ROM Depot site and register an account there (free). Then go to this: Login And go to the "download universal etc etc". The wrong ttext item is underlined. The link is next to the underlined text. Download that. Then you need to unzip the zip file, extract all the contents and then copy to your SD card. If you are a Linux user then you need to format the SD card to FAT32. Windows users can *probably* write to the card without formatting it, but if not then just format it. Copy all the extracted files to the SD card. If you are a Linux user then open a terminal window and type sudo sh CHANGER.sh If you are a Windows user then may the Lord have mercy on your soul, and you should run changer.bat They both do the same thing. Your device is 8" screen so I'm not sure what number you want. But every time it does not work, just go back to your desktop with the SD card and run changer again until it does work. For my device I tried item 1 first, because that seemed the closest match. It did not work so I tried 7 and it did work then. You just have to keep trying each different number until you find the one that works, but try to get the closest match to your device that you can.
  9. nevart

nevart Member

Plus you need to keep in mind the first time you boot after flashing the device it will take longer than normal to boot. After that it should boot within about 20 seconds. If it has not booted within 15 minutes, it means you need to try changer again.