Device self service lockout

Last Updated:

1. JonB

JonB Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Tried to access it today and it was saying that i was entering the wrong pin. I know for a fact that it was right. Now i'm locked out of it and it says to call sprint to continue.

I talked to them for about 45 minutes, they switched me over to HTC for another 30 and then back to sprint for another hour. They had me hard reset the phone twice and it didn't do anything. Was on the phone with advanced tech for the last hour and they finally said to wait 2 hours and it should reset itself.

Well, it's now been about 5 and it still won't work... Any ideas on how to get it to work?

Advertisement
  2. JonB

now my internet doesn't work... Worked fine 30 minutes ago. I get an error 65.

3. D1rhino

D1rhino Member

device self service has been messing up for me for the last few days. I keep getting error message 500

4. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Never even used it. It just checks for firmware and stuff, right? If so, just do it manually.

5. April_Fool_79

April_Fool_79 Well-Known Member

Just tried mine, it worked for the plan details and contract end date. It took the PIN with no problem.

Current Usage gave me the Error 500 first try, second try it was a blank page, third try loaded no problem. I don't remember seeing any problems listed for this at work today, but I'll check when I go back tomorrow. Are you on the mobile network or Wi-Fi? Cause it won't access the info if you're on Wi-Fi, it requires being on the Sprint data network. If it keeps up, best bet is to call in to get Tech Support, if enough people report it someone will look at it. Don't chat with us, though, cause we don't have Tech Support in the chat center, and we'll just tell you to call in anyway. ;)

And Kelmar, it does more than just check your firmware and PRL, you can use it to see what plan you are on, what you have used this cycle (mins, text, data), and all sorts of other stuff.

6. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Good to know!

7. regression

regression Well-Known Member

OK, I tried mine, and it is messed up! It is showing me being on a shared plan (I am not) and give me a phone number that used 30 minutes of talk time. It also tells me I have a past due balance of over $400!

Everything on Sprint's website is correct, so I think I'll just forget I saw all of the above info ;-)

8. regression

regression Well-Known Member

I just checked this morning, and all the information in the app appears to be correct. Not sure what was going on last night.....

9. JonB

So mine finally works again. I was able to input my PIN and could see my bill. When i went to check my minutes used, it gave me some weird number and a different amount of minutes. I backed out and tried it again and it worked fine. Go figure.

I did have to do a hard reset to get the mobile internet to work again though. It was weird. But all is well now. Now i just have to get the ringer lag sorted out on my girlfriends hero and we'll have 2 great, working phones!

10. April_Fool_79

Sounds good! It's been crazy around here today so I didn't get a chance to post, but I couldn't find any problems. The info we have still says it only shows optios to update firmware, data profile and PRL, but I put in a request to update this so it shows all the options. There is a ticket that Tech Support can submit if it is not working or displaying properly on your phone for you, so if it messes up again just contact them. :)

11. top magoo

top magoo Active Member

when i open "device self service 1.1", it just opens a screen saying "preparing network", and hangs there... i can let it sit there for 10 minutes, it just hangs...

i noticed this when i had to reset it to factory when an acore process continually appeared.

any ideas?

12. April_Fool_79

Did you update the phone software after you did the factory reset? If so, I'd recommend calling in to Customer Care / Tech Support so they can open a trouble ticket for you, because this should load.

13. 13iron

13iron Member

See my post (device self service 1.1 thread)
    Same problem as Regression... I don't think I downloaded this from the Market, wasn't this available from options in the 'add to home page' screen?...under 'android'. HTC says they have no knowledge of this widget. Anyway, just bookmark 'mysprint' page at sprint.com to get same info.

14. 13iron

13iron Member

See my post (device self service 1.1 thread)
    Same problem as Regression... I don't think I downloaded this from the Market, wasn't this available from options in the 'add to home page' screen?...under 'android'. HTC says they have no knowledge of this widget. Anyway, just bookmark 'mysprint' page at sprint.com to get same info.