• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

devices and printers?

Skyroket

Android Enthusiast
May 25, 2012
can somebody explain to me why do i have 2 printers listed in devices and printers?

Got this printer today.. the old one made a lot of noise and crapped out on me last week. T

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 85
can somebody explain to me why do i have 2 printers listed in devices and printers?

Got this printer today.. the old one made a lot of noise and crapped out on me last week. T

This occasionally happens when you unplug the printer from the PC and then reconnecting the printer to the PC into a different USB port.

Otherwise it could also mean you have multiple drivers for said device if you reinstalled it twice over...

Lastly, i would suggest in just deleting the one not in use.

Upvote 0
This occasionally happens when you unplug the printer from the PC and then reconnecting the printer to the PC into a different USB port.

Otherwise it could also mean you have multiple drivers for said device if you reinstalled it twice over...

Lastly, i would suggest in just deleting the one not in use.

Yeah i did use different usb port.. I used back ports to install drivers and front port to ipdate firmware. Thanks that answers my question. It seems to be working fine so ill leave it that way because i dont what any trouble.

Upvote 0
Had the same experience before. What I do whenever I would be installing new devices is to uninstall the old ones so that you would be in a fresh slate before installing the driver for the new one. If you don't uninstall the first, it will still reside in your PC, which is one reason why you got two printers showing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones