• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

'Devices' section missing from play store app

kpslick

Lurker
Jun 26, 2010
Hi all,

My problem is this.

When I go to Google play online, there are 4 different sections - Apps, Books, Movies and Devices.

But when I use my phone and go to the Google play app, the devices section is missing.

I am in the UK and the Nexus 7 is now available and so far the only device available from Google play in the UK.

Anyone know why the app doesn't show the devices section, and consequently why we cant purchase devices directly from our hand sets using the Google play app?

Not really a show stopper, just an annoyance.

Hi all,

My problem is this.

When I go to Google play online, there are 4 different sections - Apps, Books, Movies and Devices.

But when I use my phone and go to the Google play app, the devices section is missing.

I am in the UK and the Nexus 7 is now available and so far the only device available from Google play in the UK.

Anyone know why the app doesn't show the devices section, and consequently why we cant purchase devices directly from our hand sets using the Google play app?

Not really a show stopper, just an annoyance.
I've never seen the "devices " section when using the app on a mobile device. I've only ever seen it when using a browser. I'm currently using a Verizon branded galaxy nexus, but the same has held true for all android mobile devices I've owned.

I'm in the US btw.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones