Devour won't boot into normal or recovery modeSupport

1. fireup90

fireup90 New Member

I'm stuck on the white screen right now and I can't get it to boot into recovery even when holding R+space+power. Is there anything else I can do? All I did was turn it off and then when i turned it back on this happened.

Advertisement
    :
  2. p_025

p_025 Well-Known Member

Is it a white screen with the Motorola "M" logo or is it just a blank white screen?
  3. fireup90

fireup90 New Member

its just the M screen
  4. p_025

p_025 Well-Known Member

Well, that's good, the screen is still working. If the phone won't turn on at all then it's time to take aggressive action. First, try booting into recovery mode one more time.

Ensure the R and SPACE keys are pressed down firmly, and no other keys are pressed. Then press the power button to turn it on, while holding those keys. If it still doesn't do anything different, then here's something a little more brutal you can do.

You can flash the Devour's SBF file onto the phone using RSDLite, which is about the same concept as formatting your computer's hard drives and reinstalling a fresh operating system. Use the SBF file CALAND_X_01.15.08P_MONSTER_01.sbf and use the guide provided Using RSD Lite to flash an SBF file -- correctly - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum. That guide is for the Droid, however, but to get your Devour into bootloader mode you take out the battery, hold keys "E" and "R", then plug the USB cable into your phone and computer. (Step 4)

Please note that if you flash the SBF file you will have to redo all steps to root your phone again if root access is desired.

If something goes wrong and your phone is permanently bricked, go to a Verizon store and see if they'll just send you a new one. They did for me, even though my phone was rooted and wouldn't start up. Just say you tried to install the over-the-air update and it failed and showed you the blue bootloader screen.

If you have questions, post back here, I had to use RSDLite and the Devour SBF twice recently.
  5. blazen-moto

blazen-moto Well-Known Member

Hey p025, you know how to change the build.file from 7 to 4? Like they said on the other thread?
  6. zrad.zg

zrad.zg Well-Known Member

blazen, you mean to get the Droid X bootstrap to work on the devour?
  7. blazen-moto

it does not work...that i know...however, as stated on the other thread, we went into the system folder, the build.prop file, and changed a think form 4 to 7...i want to know how to change it back. and yes...that thread

thanks
  8. zrad.zg

if you havent figured it out yet, just go back into whatever app you used to change it, make your system rewritable and click on the file then change it back from 4 to 7
  9. blazen-moto

I would but superuser isnt granting permissions anymore.
  10. zrad.zg

hm, well either you can unroot your phone or flash it back to its original using the SBF, and then manually rooting it
    we dont have a need for the droid x recovery as of yet, so id keep it on your sd card/computer if and when we get a custom rom/update
  11. blazen-moto

Thanks.
    I made a list of all my apps and am planning to flash it back to its original "form" using the sbf.

Three final question, however.

How do you do this (flash the sbf)
    would doing this completely fix the problem
    and is the sbf you use the "CALAND_X_01.15.08P_MONSTER_01.sbf" file?
  12. zrad.zg

flashing the sbf-use RSDlite, doesnt matter which version of it though

and yeah, that file is the one to use
  13. blazen-moto

Thanks.
    I'll give it a try.
  14. blazen-moto

should i just use the directions already posted on this thread?
    i would assume so, correct?
  15. zrad.zg

yes sir, go ahead and use those instructions
  16. blazen-moto

Just wanted to give everyone the update...it worked!!!
  17. zrad.zg

did it make your phone a little laggy? cause I had to flash mine back to stock and it seemed to make it laggy and use a lot more battery life than I was using before; this is also after I manually rooted it and took off the bloatware.
  18. horyn214

horyn214 New Member

when i get everything set up, adblite, i cant choose start
  19. fireup90

fireup90 New Member

P_025 I'm trying to follow the instructions you gave me, but I'm having some issues with rsd lite not being able to flash the sbf file. Could part of this problem be because I'm using windows 7?
  20. fireup90

fireup90 New Member

Nevermind, I just got a different rsd lite version and it worked! thanks a ton !
  21. antique944

antique944 New Member

used rsd lite 6.0, and it worked!
  22. macfan9000

macfan9000 New Member

RSD Lite will not see my Motorola Devour. Using Windows 8 (and even tried VMWare of Win7), nothing on either. Followed steps to the T.