• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

DGT Compass - looking for Droid tester

dgtale

Lurker
Oct 9, 2009
Hi, I've recently published a new release of my compass "DGT Compass" but unfortunately i'm receiving some negative feedback from Droid owners. Not very useful those feedbacks just saying "it doesn't work on Droid!". I would appreciate more details from some Droid tester :) Thanks and regards, dgtale

It seems to work well. I can't quite figure out the move/resize/center. But I am able to customize the look of it well and it points north. No crashes as of yet.

Edit: Never mind about the move and resize...I just saw on the market where is states these are upcoming features. My heading does read in the compass itself, not in the box at the bottom. I do not care about this but just letting you know.

Upvote 0
Headed to the Market.
OK, installed and tested. I'll try to be as specific as possible.

First of all, after a bit of tinkering I got it to work. (Yeah!) It never force closed on me, but it's interface is somewhat confusing ... and that's why you're getting the negative comments undoubtedly.

Here's my suggestions/observations:
  • The opening screen tells you to press the "Save" button when you're done configuring, but there is NO "Save" button. :thinking: I finally stumbled upon how to save by pressing the DROID's "back" button. Viol

Upvote 0
OK, installed and tested. I'll try to be as specific as possible.

First of all, after a bit of tinkering I got it to work. (Yeah!) It never force closed on me, but it's interface is somewhat confusing ... and that's why you're getting the negative comments undoubtedly.

Here's my suggestions/observations:
  • The opening screen tells you to press the "Save" button when you're done configuring, but there is NO "Save" button. :thinking: I finally stumbled upon how to save by pressing the DROID's "back" button. Viol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones