DGT Compass - looking for Droid tester

Last Updated:

1. dgtale

dgtale Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I've recently published a new release of my compass "DGT Compass" but unfortunately i'm receiving some negative feedback from Droid owners. Not very useful those feedbacks just saying "it doesn't work on Droid!". I would appreciate more details from some Droid tester :) Thanks and regards, dgtale

Advertisement
  2. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Headed to the Market.

3. Juneau

Juneau Well-Known Member

It seems to work well. I can't quite figure out the move/resize/center. But I am able to customize the look of it well and it points north. No crashes as of yet.

Edit: Never mind about the move and resize...I just saw on the market where is states these are upcoming features. My heading does read in the compass itself, not in the box at the bottom. I do not care about this but just letting you know.

4. messenger13

OK, installed and tested. I'll try to be as specific as possible.

First of all, after a bit of tinkering I got it to work. (Yeah!) It never force closed on me, but it's interface is somewhat confusing ... and that's why you're getting the negative comments undoubtedly.

Here's my suggestions/observations:
    • The opening screen tells you to press the "Save" button when you're done configuring, but there is NO "Save" button. :confused: I finally stumbled upon how to save by pressing the DROID's "back" button. Viol

5. mrthundercleese

mrthundercleese Well-Known Member

6. les017

les017 Active Member

Seems to me that as a compass it works fine. Mine seems accurate regardless of orientation. My biggest comments would echo those previous, re interface consistency. Nice cut at it!!!

7. messenger13

Now, mine is working as well. But perhaps it is because I learned how to read it properly. :eek:

To reiterate, documentation would've avoided this self-taught learning curve.

8. mrthundercleese

mrthundercleese Well-Known Member

Hahaha I came back here specifically to post this.

Also I've been able to change the skin multiple times with no crashes since the first one.