DHD 3G connection/"Death Grip"General

Last Updated:

1. HTCWozz

HTCWozz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys,

Has there been any reviews or word from HTC about the DHD not having the same problem the desire did with 3G connection.

My desire has an awful connection to 3G, disconnecting and all sorts every 15 seconds...and apparentley im not the only one, its the main reason I even considered buying a new phone before i saw how amazing the DHD looked.

I'm thinking of going on o2's "simplicity" sim only deal but will probably opt for the 1GB data instead of 500MB.

So does anybody have any info or even opinions on the issue.

PS: I know the DHD is spanking new so chances of any first hand evidence is slim to none but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Warren

Advertisement
  2. SpencerUk

SpencerUk Well-Known Member

Can't comment until I get my phone in which I will do full tests :)

In relation to your tariffs

SIM Only Deals | SIM Only Contracts Compared | Omio UK

Compare away ;) :)

3. Bits that Byte

Bits that Byte New Member

Yes! I have similar problems.

The phone has perfect reception in 3G and Wifi, as long as I don't hold it in my hand.
    Whenever I hold the phone 3G drops from 4 bars to 2 bars and Wifi goes from 4 to 1 bar. The second I stop holding the phone (like only holding it by the USB cable) the 3G and Wifi bounce back to 4 bars...

4. bonerp

bonerp Well-Known Member

At work - a poor reception area tbh, if I put down the DHD I get H. If I hold it I get E.

And why do they put the aerial at the base of the phone now?!?! Whats that about??

5. T4Z

T4Z New Member

Yes I have had the same problem but my DHD was mainly with wi-fi I just had to hold it in the palm of my hand without even the slightest grip the bars would drop to a dot. And regarding the aerial im sure it is under the battery cover if you look you can see the connectors. I sent mine back today so hopefully get it back Wednesday or Thursday they said i will get a brand new phone so ill see what the outcome regarding the aerial.

6. SpencerUk

SpencerUk Well-Known Member

Not had poor reception yet. In Sheffield where I work its fine, around my home its dicky, but thats just Orange UK as its dependant on where i'm in the house.