DHD Alarm dock

1. beano4444

beano4444 Member

Is there an alarm clock dock for the DHD like the thousands there are for the iPhone

Advertisement
    johkool likes this.
  2. big_mike

big_mike Well-Known Member

course check out the market there are LOADS

:D
  3. johkool

johkool Member

which market??

Im also totally jealous of all the shiny ipod/iphone docks with speakers and chargability and I wants one *stamps foot* preferably in australia ;)
    please??
  4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! VIP Member

Seriously? The Android Market.

Hit the All Apps button, then look for Market. It's like the iPhone app store. You can search for what you want by hitting the Magnifying Glass on the top right corner.

Alternatively, browse online here -

https://market.android.com/
  5. tokwitney

tokwitney Member

I think he means a dock that you dock the phone in,like a Bose or a B&W Zeppelin.
    johkool likes this.
  6. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! VIP Member

johkool likes this.
  7. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

There are thousands for iPhone because the basic form factor is the same, due to the diversity of Android devices, there is not a one stop shop..
    johkool likes this.
  8. johkool

johkool Member

:) thanks for the responses. I knew what I meant lol. :p

so like i thought, none of the iphone ones will work for me?
    id really love a dock with speakers..and maybe a chargerstand.
    I have the mossi bassburger plug in speaker and it's not a huge improvement really.
    I wonder would buying a (cheapish) stereo with some kind of cordy input thingy do the same thing? Or would bluetooth finally get a use, am i on the right track??!:eek: lol. (VERY tech savy female here incase you can't guess :rolleyes: ). I just wanna listen to my music on my desire LOUD haha. :D
  9. tokwitney

tokwitney Member

Cant you get a 3.5mm to 3.5mm stereo jack lead & just plug your desire into the aux in of any stereo eqipment that has a aux in port??
    johkool likes this.
  10. eddiewawa

eddiewawa Well-Known Member

to be honest the only time my phone gets plugged into any stereo is via a 3.5mm into my old sony Hi-fi via a simple L-R (white/Red) split. not aesthetically pleasing, but hey im doing weights and the last thing i notice and want is my phone in a nice cushy cradle (which is going to be an issue since i have an Otterbox as a case lol)
    dznent and johkool like this.
  11. johkool

johkool Member

cool, looks like i do finally need to buy a stereo, lol :)
  12. eddiewawa

eddiewawa Well-Known Member

or try one of these if your wanting some portable ones:

XMI X-mini II Mini Speaker: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

ive got one and im still shocked how much sound comes out of the thing!! its a good cheap temp solution till you get a proper system in place and if loads of your mates get one, you can daisy chain (please no puns guys lol) them and get a massive ammount of sound coming out!
  13. stupendo

stupendo Active Member

I bought some of these off ebay, they won't help as an alarm clock but they are pretty cool.
  14. johkool

johkool Member

that looks really similar to the one i have thats not much louder :eek: (mossi bassburger??)

hmm, i dont know much about bluetooth :eek::eek::eek:
    or stereo's for that matter come to think of it LOL.
    might have to find a techy friend to go to the store with me huh;)
  15. Sombre

Sombre Well-Known Member

I use my Otter Box - Defender Series phone protector as a dock. A set of USB powered speakers and a USB hub to split the HTCs power pack to power both the phone and the speakers. Sure, not real pretty, but the speakers cost me $10, the USB hub I had lying around. The Otter Box was $60 ish, but I use it as a protector, not just a dock. Maybe on the weekend I'll fabricate a more permanent type of dock and document it for you wonderful people.