DHD - Caller hears echo of their voice when using Bluetooth headsetSupport

Last Updated:

1. andymcg99

andymcg99 New Member This Topic's Starter

I have had a problem with my DHD since I picked it up about 4 weeks ago. When I'm using a bluetooth headset, callers hear their own voice echoed back to them with a slight delay. I've tested with 3 different headsets, Plantronics, Sennheiser and Jabra - same result. I tried all headsets with my previous handset, a Google G1 and they all worked just fine. I also tested the Sennheiser headset with a colleagues DHD and that showed the same problem. No echo when using the handset or a wired headset.

I have the latest firmware according to HTC Support and my carrier is T-Mobile.

HTC Support have said they will have an escalation engineer call my back, but not heard yet, anyone else have the same problem or any advice how to cure it?

Andy

Advertisement
  2. jires

jires New Member

I have exactly the same problem. DHD Firmware 1.32.405.6, operator 3, Denmark

3. dvhttn

dvhttn Well-Known Member

I've had similar things happen in the past with Nokias but it only lasted for one call. If I hung up and re-dialled all was fine. Not had any problems with my DHD with my Plantronics headset or Pioneer car radio with built-in BT.

Dave

4. SithSurfer

SithSurfer Well-Known Member

That's weird - my DHD works flawlessly with one of the basic Jabra's. I picked it up from CPW for

5. andymcg99

SithSurfer - Thanks, what model Jabra is it? Might ask CPW to unbox one and test, if it works, I'll buy it.

The phone has been off to HTC as CPW tech's cannot open DHD's, came back with 1.32.405.6 which at least solves the SMS problems, but still I get an echo on all the headset's I've tried so far

Frustrating as otherwise the phone is great

6. mamyel

mamyel Member

I'm using Plantronics voyager pro with my dhd and never heard any complaints when using it.

7. bograma

bograma Member

Using Plantronics Discovery 975. Not perfect (some crackling sometimes and people tell me the sound is a bit muffled) but otherwise just fine. No delay though...

8. Frf

Frf New Member

I have the same problem with my HTC Desire Z and Plantronics Bluetooth headset. Caller hears echo; I sometimes have static noise. Never had this problem with my previous handsets.

Have anyone heard of a solutions for this problem?

Cheers,

Frank

9. HTC foot

HTC foot Member

My wife says she gets a very loud and off-putting echo when she calls me while i'm in the car. BT to Nokia CK-7W. I have heard a faint echo when using the phone normally. I'm on Vodaphone U.K.

10. andymcg99

After testing with several more headsets including Plantronics Voyager Pro and Plantronics 220, which all gave the "caller echo" I found a very old (7 years) Jabra 200 that worked perfectly but unfortunately the back was falling off. Based on this I went back to Carphone Warehouse and asked if I could test with some of their Jabra headsets, both the Arrow and BT2080 worked fine and they offered me either the BT2080 free or the Arrow at half price as a goodwill gesture. I bought the Arrow and it seems to work fine.

Not sure why, maybe Jabra's Bluetooth implementation, maybe my handset, but at least now callers don't hear their own voice.

11. The Marvin

The Marvin New Member

I have echo with HD and Nokia CK-7W car kit. seems to be common problem from reading various Nokia forums. It's been reported for a LONG time so don't expect a solution any time soon. Seems to be an incomaptibility in the bluetooth stack which makes the echo canceller at the bluetooth hands free end of the call fail to operate. The manifests itself as echo at the other end.

The fact that it happens with a particular Nokia car kit, and with bluetooth headsets from differnt manufacturers suggests that it's a bug in the common element, ie the HD handset software, which may be failing to enable, or somehow preventing the enabling of the echo canceller.

12. diesele

diesele New Member

I have this terrible symptom too. All other phones in past 5 years worked fine with it. Should I have gone for an iPhone 4 (shudder) as this REALLY is a dealbreaker and there were no issues with my previous iPhone 3 :-(

13. landovr

landovr Well-Known Member

My jawbone prime does the same thing.

14. webbozen

webbozen New Member

I have the same problem with Nokia car kit CK-7W, everyone complains of the echo of their own voice. I have no problem when using LG 520 in ear headset, Nokia bluetooth in ear or even a cheapo headset from Tesco which cost