DHD impossible to power upSupport

1. larremail

larremail New Member

So here what has happened this evening:

While at home trying to cook for my wife my DHD buzzed and turned white with the HTC logo. Then it froze.

After a while I decided to deal with it. I long pressed the power button unsuccsessfully. I ended up pulling the battery.

On next startup it buzzed four or five times in a row rapidly. Then it froze for a long time with the screen black but lit. (I know it sounds crazy). The screen was "active" but only showed black.

Well, after it froze in this situation I decided to try and restart it a second time. Then nothing. Dead. The battery voltage was 4,84. No problem there. It seems it's not properly connected with the battery somehow. It won't accept a charge either. No red led indicating charging. :eek:

I've tried lifting the contact pins a notch, cleaning the connectors. Nothing. It just won't start up/power up. I've tried holding volume - + power on. Nothing. :confused:

Part from this I've had issues like a slow respons on lower right corner of screen, bad sound, Wifi problems and a lot of GPS issues. Hmm, maybe not an HTC next time - still I love it. Sorry. Long post.

Any help is highly appreciated.

/L

Advertisement
    :
  2. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

I think that 4 or 5 buzzes in a row is a diagnostic mode or something like that. How long have you had the phone? It could be that it has to go back to HTC for them to repair/replace!
  3. CDPlant

CDPlant Let's dooo-ooo it Guide

Did the LED flash orange at all when the phone was vibrating? It does that if something is wrong with the motherboard
    D-U-R-X likes this.
  4. larremail

larremail New Member

Can't say if the led flashed during the quick buzzes.

I've had the phone for 18 months. It's been repaired a third time quite recently. They changed the "flexcard". I believe this is like the whole phone actually?

I'm afraid this is just too annoying. If it would just start once so I could export my recent contacts...Then I'd throw it into orbit.

Sounds like I'm upset but really, it's just a phone. There are more important things to care about, like family and my tablet. ;)

But I'm very grateful for your input, guys!

/ L
  5. CDPlant

CDPlant Let's dooo-ooo it Guide

Your contacts should be automatically synced to your Google account, so if you were to get another phone they should all appear when you first sign in
    D-U-R-X likes this.
  6. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

18 months is still within the manufacturer's warranty... I'd contact HTC/your service provider... I'm sure they'd be able to sort/replace it for you!