DHD impossible to power upSupport

1. larremail

larremail New Member

So here what has happened this evening:

While at home trying to cook for my wife my DHD buzzed and turned white with the HTC logo. Then it froze.

After a while I decided to deal with it. I long pressed the power button unsuccsessfully. I ended up pulling the battery.

On next startup it buzzed four or five times in a row rapidly. Then it froze for a long time with the screen black but lit. (I know it sounds crazy). The screen was "active" but only showed black.

Well, after it froze in this situation I decided to try and restart it a second time. Then nothing. Dead. The battery voltage was 4,84. No problem there. It seems it's not properly connected with the battery somehow. It won't accept a charge either. No red led indicating charging. :eek:

I've tried lifting the contact pins a notch, cleaning the connectors. Nothing. It just won't start up/power up. I've tried holding volume - + power on. Nothing. :confused:

Part from this I've had issues like a slow respons on lower right corner of screen, bad sound, Wifi problems and a lot of GPS issues. Hmm, maybe not an HTC next time - still I love it. Sorry. Long post.

Any help is highly appreciated.

/L

Advertisement
  2. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

I think that 4 or 5 buzzes in a row is a diagnostic mode or something like that. How long have you had the phone? It could be that it has to go back to HTC for them to repair/replace!
  3. CDPlant

CDPlant Guides Guide

Did the LED flash orange at all when the phone was vibrating? It does that if something is wrong with the motherboard
    D-U-R-X likes this.
  4. larremail

larremail New Member

Can't say if the led flashed during the quick buzzes.

I've had the phone for 18 months. It's been repaired a third time quite recently. They changed the "flexcard". I believe this is like the whole phone actually?

I'm afraid this is just too annoying. If it would just start once so I could export my recent contacts...Then I'd throw it into orbit.

Sounds like I'm upset but really, it's just a phone. There are more important things to care about, like family and my tablet. ;)

But I'm very grateful for your input, guys!

/ L
  5. CDPlant

CDPlant Guides Guide

Your contacts should be automatically synced to your Google account, so if you were to get another phone they should all appear when you first sign in
    D-U-R-X likes this.
  6. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

18 months is still within the manufacturer's warranty... I'd contact HTC/your service provider... I'm sure they'd be able to sort/replace it for you!