DHD is it too big?General

Last Updated:

1. kafilta

kafilta Member This Topic's Starter

I'd like to ask your opinion guys with regards to the size of the DHD

Do you often have trouble holding it with one hand? or would it require you to have it in landscape mode for you to be able to type stuff better?

Advertisement
  2. atharh

atharh Member

Not sure if it's my large hands but I find it fine. The bigger screen helps in typing and making everything clear and easy to view.

Only think I think could have been changed is the power button. It's a bit fidly to press as it's recessed and needs a conscious effort to access it.

kafilta likes this.
  3. anneatkins

anneatkins Well-Known Member

I find typing a bit hard when I am holding phone upright but I am a noob to touchscreen.

I think that it is not too big, but you might think so.

I am totally in lub with my HD!!

kafilta likes this.
  4. wastedagen

wastedagen Well-Known Member

Recessed? Mine sticks up proud. If yours is recessed then you may have a faulty button..............

kafilta likes this.
  5. sonesh

sonesh Well-Known Member

I was a bit unsure about getting it because of its size, but I had a play with Dad's normal Desire, decided the size was acceptable, and still had room for a 4.3 inch screen.

Its not much bigger than an iPhone, and I got used to its size instantly. Can even text with one hand

kafilta likes this.
  6. falo

falo Member

Had it for a few weeks now. I too was worried before release that it would be too big, but I absolutely love it. No problems at all slipping it into a jeans pocket, even with a case on it. Going back to play with my iPod Touch I constantly feel like it's too small ..

7. kafilta

kafilta Member This Topic's Starter

Awesome!! I felt the normal desire and didn't find it big at all..
    I might actually consider going for the Desire Hd again hehe ( was doubting it for a while)

8. sonesh

sonesh Well-Known Member

With regards to texting, I made sure it had the option to text using a phone keypad, which is does, but I've never actually turned it on because the full keyboard (even in portrait mode) is really easy to use.

9. cyberpedz

cyberpedz Active Member

That will most likely be due to the misalignment issues of the build of the phone that many report. Some report gaps top of screen, camera not quite center and power button.

I had a play with the DHD today in shop as mine is still on order and i can say that the size is no problem i too thought it was going to be to big but i think it is just fine.

10. felejohs

felejohs New Member

Like many other people, I also worried beforehand that it would be too big. I don't have particularly large hands (for a guy), but after having had it for a couple of days now I feel the size of it is perfect. I'm having no problems carrying it in my jeans pocket or using it one handed.

11. Sereniity

Sereniity Well-Known Member

Nope I love mine, dwarfs my little iPod screen now, don't think I could go to a smaller screen after this one, it's awesome.

12. naths

naths Well-Known Member

nothing wrong with the size at all,in fact had to take a call on my friends iphone4...it felt like a toy phone in comparison with the size,i can text easier,read e-mails easier dial numbers easier,in fact the larger screen makes everything on the phone easier to do..4.3 is the way to go.....