DHD & Kindle App, will I even need a Kindle?General

Last Updated:

1. anneatkins

anneatkins Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I like to read ebooks. I do it on my laptop, which is not too nice for hours on end.

So, now I have the DHD on the way and there's a kindle app that looks nice - so my question is, will I really even still need a kindle?

A little bird told me that my Mother in Law wants to get me one for Christmas, but should I tell her to save her money?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

IMO, there are a lot of differences between an eBook reader and an eBook app. A kindle will be much kinder to the eyes than any backlit display. I couldn't use a phone/laptop for long reading sessions like I can a book/kindle. Plus, the battery life on the kindle can be measured in weeks, not hours.

eozen81 and anneatkins like this.
  3. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

I've been using my SGS with the Kindle app for a few months and it works fine. I expect when I replace it with a DHD the same will be true.

There is a huge issue though, the battery life. Absolutely kills it. I'm planning to get a real Kindle for this reason.

anneatkins likes this.
  4. anneatkins

anneatkins Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

OK thanks!

Yeah the battery is a big deal, true.

5. SithSurfer

SithSurfer Well-Known Member

I've tried reading on the 'old' Desire but there's no comparison to the 'real' Kindle - battery, bleeding eyes, etc. - it's cool when you need to look something up when you've forgotten Kindle, but otherwise it's quite useless to me.