DHD LED color change?General

Last Updated:

1. rjs1974

rjs1974 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi All,

Can you change the LED colour on the Desire HD? On the original Desire Handcent SMS for example let you change the notification colour to blue or red. The HD seems to have these options grayed out so you cannot select a different colour. Is this right or just a Handcent issue?

Advertisement
  2. Pencheven

Pencheven Active Member

Can't seem to find an option to do so, I do recall on another app being given the option to change the colour (can't remember which sorry) and it not actually displaying in Cyan, I think the LED is limited to Green, Blue & Red maybe as those are the only two I've seen so far?

3. eddiewawa

eddiewawa Well-Known Member

lol, what'd be cool (well to me anyways lol) is if we could mod the LED indicators so its along the whole row of the ear piece and make it lightup like KIT from Knight Rider...hehe, and have notification sounds with the voice of KIT and the sound effects and all that jazz!!!....o kim getting carried away with my self...

but back to the top...errr...yeah with Pen on this one, cant seem to find anything to change the lights into a rainbow of colours...sigh....

4. rjs1974

If you go into Handcent and open an SMS from a contact, then click top right on the icon of a person, then click notification settings, there should be some options to select an LED color and blink frequency. These are grayed out for me, but did work perfectly on my original (on HD) Desire, so I find it hard to believe they installed an inferior LED on the DHD??

5. THE ANDROID

THE ANDROID Well-Known Member

Does the HD have an LED? I never noticed one tbh.
    Sorry but I'm a noob and all this Android stuff is confusing lol. I've been with the iPhone for 3 years and have iPhone 4 but I got a HD free as I needed a contract.

6. arlrb

arlrb Well-Known Member

Yep, under the ear speaker mesh, so you only notice it if it's on.
    Orange for when charging, or blinking orange when battery low.
    Green when fully charged, or blinking green when you've got a message/notification etc (what it blinks green for can be changed in settings)

THE ANDROID likes this.
  7. rjs1974

So can the green be changed via Handcent? Can anyone test? Is the LED totally different from the original Desire?

8. arlrb

arlrb Well-Known Member

It would appear it can't, greyed out. Just the orange & green.
    SU access maybe (rooted).