• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help DHD running slow and HTC Sense crashing

mtid54

Lurker
Jun 28, 2011
Hi Guy's
Recently my HTC Desire HD has been running really slowly, apps crash including HTC Sense.
I can't place exactly when the phone started doing this but recent things I've done that might be the cause are: installing the upgrade to Gingerbread and I've just brought a new laptop and managed to get the phone to Sync (something I could never get it to do on my old laptop).

I've turned on usb debugging and removed a few unused apps and some apps with permissions to self open, but with no joy.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

Hi Guy's
Recently my HTC Desire HD has been running really slowly, apps crash including HTC Sense.
I can't place exactly when the phone started doing this but recent things I've done that might be the cause are: installing the upgrade to Gingerbread and I've just brought a new laptop and managed to get the phone to Sync (something I could never get it to do on my old laptop).

I've turned on usb debugging and removed a few unused apps and some apps with permissions to self open, but with no joy.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

From what I've read, nobody (sorry... not many people) have been able to get HTC Sense to work.

Probably not what you want to hear, but try uninstalling all apps and then re-installing one by one to try and identify which one is causing the problems! :(

EDIT - I thought you meant the SENSE that comes as a web based linkable thing... perhaps you didn't!

Upvote 0
I installed Vlingo last week and it really didn't play nice with Sense.... my volume control button only recognised the media volume meaning I couldn't change the ringer volume even though I had no media playing. It seemed to completely over-ride all my media settings and got progressively worse the longer the app was installed. Sense kept crashing and I had to keep re-starting the phone. I uninstalled after 3 days and that seems to have sorted things out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones