DHD screenGeneral

Last Updated:

1. volvo940seturbo

volvo940seturbo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have just got my DHD, have two Desires and a Wildfire, and have been very happy with the build quality on them all so far. But on the DHD apart from the sim cover issue which seems to be well covered here, has anyone noticed the edges of the screen??? to me it seems the screen is to low in the case, on mine if yu run your finger across the screen towards the side of the phone, the case seems higher than the screen, and is quit a rough edge to it.

This is all round the edge of the phone. The screen seems to be aligned in the casing, it just seems as if it sits low and not flush with the side of the case.

Are they all like this? Or is this another build issue with the DHD.

Other than this, I am more than happy with the phone, and can put up with it, if there are more like it, but as I only have a seven day exchange, I would rather get one that is correct, if even this is a fault.

Cheers

Advertisement
  2. MrPie

MrPie Well-Known Member

They're all like this. It has some sort of black metal separating the screen from the main aluminum body. It's probably intended. It's probably safer that way because say if you put the screen flat down at least the screen won't actually touch the surface. It's been mentioned reviews too. And it's present on my DHD too:)

3. volvo940seturbo

volvo940seturbo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Cheers, I had thought about the putting it down on a desk thing, but thought better to ask and know than not and wonder.

Just need to get a screen protector for it now, got a gel skin and a genuine leather pouch coming, but could do with all the protection going. Love the thing to bits, love the extra features over the Desire.

Cheers

4. jiajia

jiajia New Member

I think the hdh you got is a faulty one.

Same thing happened to mine, and get changed next day from cpw.

Better going to check a demo one from any stores and you will find out the difference.

5. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

The raised edge around the screen was whinged about by engadget in their review a few weeks back. It's meant to be like that.

hussar10a likes this.
  6. SithSurfer

SithSurfer Well-Known Member

Exactly - it's there to protect the screen when you flip it upside down to either use speaker or make it go silent.