DHD update 2.3.5 and Sense 3.0 - No mobile network anymoreSupport

1. Edgar1806

Edgar1806 New Member

I just updated my Desire HD today to the latest Android 2.3.5 and Sense 3.0, but now I have no mobile network signal. Wifi works but I have no 3G signal at all. I have taken out the sim card and the battery and restarted but that hasnt worked. My phone currently tells me its 0:17 on 06/01/1980 as it wont update from my network carrier because of no 3G signal.

Can anyone help me with this?

Advertisement
    :
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Panter likes this.
  3. Edgar1806

Edgar1806 New Member

Just checked and it refreshed for me. Now its back!

I got worried there was a major bug in this update! Phew!
  4. Panter

Panter Well-Known Member

As title really, since updating to Sense 3.0 I now have no mobile date, there are no arrows, no "E" or "H" symbol (don't get 3G anyway around here) and definitely no data connection.

I've done the obvious things, turned mobile data on and off a couple of times and rebooted the phone but still nothing. Any ideas?

Phone: Desire HD, unbranded from Carphone warehouse
    Network: O2

Cheers,

Chris
  5. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

Hi Panter - I moved your thread here, as it was on the same topic...
    Panter likes this.
  6. Panter

Panter Well-Known Member

As above, clicked on the APN thing, selected something that looked vaguely right and all is working again!

Cheers,
    Chris
  7. D-U-R-X

Great - glad we were able to get it sorted!!
  8. Sonic Reducer

Sonic Reducer Member

I've got the same problem. No mobile internet since the update yesterday. Carphone Warehouse unbranded Desire HD. tried the above solution, restarting, all those things, still no mobile internet. I get Wifi at home but cant recieve any texts with pictures in them now either. My APN settings are there, although i have no idea if they're right - no idea about these kind of things. Any ideas for a fix greatly appeciated.
  9. D-U-R-X

APN settings are avaiable from your network provider - give your customer service people a call and ask them... they cannot be texted through for the DHD, but if you call from another phone, they will walk you though what the settings need to be!
  10. gokul bhargav

gokul bhargav New Member

i just updated the phone to 2.3.5 and sense 3.0. 3g worked for 4 days after the update. but now its not getting connected. restarted the phone, took out battery, sim. saved apn settings again. its shows letter "E", "H" or sometimes even "G". and the letter disappears after 15 seconds are so though mobile network is still active. and when restart the cell and try again. letter doesnt show up at all/ help please. its the only problem for me. cell phone wasnt rooted ever. thanks in advance.
  11. Banzai Bob

Banzai Bob New Member

I wrote down the settings from my working phone and applied them to the APN of the new phone. All is well now. :)