• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

DI replaces N1 on VZW

varaonaid

Android Enthusiast
Sep 4, 2009
VT!
I'm sure that everyone already saw this on the Phandroid.com main page but I just now saw it and was super surprised. On the Google phones page, it now says that if anyone wants a N1 on VZW to order a DI which is similarly spec'd. When contacted about it, Google confirmed that the N1 was NOT coming to VZW now (Google's quote):

"We won

well, since the phone runs Android, Google kind of wins anyway. Someone else posted earlier they will be generating ad revenue from web browsing, searches and their Android OS, so they don't really lose out big here. I'd say its overall good, it would be silly to have a N1 and Incredible since they are so similar. Hopefully they can concentrate on something better to raise the bar for 2011.

Upvote 0
I'm not a fan of the track ball and with an inferior screen the N1 probably would've pissed me off but I do like its design better than the incredible's. Metal and plastic blended nicely vs all plastic. I'm sure I'll be happy with the Incredible but the N1 on all carriers would have been nice to see

Upvote 0
Exactly! I would have liked to see the N1 on all carriers just because I think that would have been a first. There are some things that are great on the N1. I personally prefer the DI: it's looks and specs. I also don't like the trackball but the dual mics are cool. But it still would have been good for wireless in general and for shaking things up. It would have been silly in some ways because I don't really think that the N1 could compete with the DI...at least in terms of the general public. A few specs like the 8mp camera and the 8gb internal memory would have had most consumers swayed to the DI anyway. And that's not including the "bling" of Sense UI.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones