DI18 update now available for users with non-stock files/kernels

Last Updated:

1. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. daddyd302

daddyd302 Well-Known Member

How do we flash it? Do we just download it and put it in the phone?

EDIT: Opps, I guess I'll have to look into rooting if I want this update.

3. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Don't think you need to root to flash it. Look for the update file for users running on a stock rom and herbal. I think that's what you need

4. flyers2114

flyers2114 Member

No need for root if you want.........there is a stock version also...this one mentioned by op is for custom....many versions on how you want to flash....thx go to Firon from xda....

what you need is the original update that was pulled from newkidds phone from xda....that is where the op one originated and was rebuilt....

Just dl it and rename to update.zip......place on root of card and then boot into Samsung stock recovery.....go to "update from zip"(something like that I forget exact wording).......let it run its course and your upload issue is fixed.......

update is attached....ok for some reason uploading the file is not working....but I posted it in SPJ also.....here is the direct link....

[Epic 4G] DI18 Update Zip

5. missdeevi

missdeevi Well-Known Member

I got the di18 file last week I didn't hear about anyone else getting it I thought maybe I was imagening things but I got it I think on the 4th of October and from what I experienced my download speeds dropped significantly from 1500 average to 600 (at the high end but usually lower) and my upload speeds improved to about 450/500. I honestly would go back to the 150 upload I just reset my phone and hopefully they dont push that update again cause it does NOT improve your phone. On top of the the data issues I also had my network go into cycles dropping randomly to no signal not even roaming and my gps would get stuck on even though I killed the app and processes. It's not worth it I promise you. I dont know why I got it OTA and no one else did but I got the DI18.