Diable texts from displaying on bottom of screen

Last Updated:

1. Tomjh99

Tomjh99 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Even when my security lock is enabled and I hit the menu key to check the time for example, new sms messages can be seen at the bottom of the screen. Does anyone know how to disable sms from displaying?

Advertisement
  2. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

I haven't tried it, but have you tried turning off notifications.

3. Dr. Glockenspiel

Dr. Glockenspiel Member

I looked through the settings of the messages app and didn't see anything for disabling that. That's weird that you wouldn't be able to turn it off, considering it could be a privacy issue. I'm not sure how much you like the stock messaging app.....but Handcent or chompSMS both have privacy options that would fix the problem.

4. Heaterz16

Heaterz16 Well-Known Member

If you root and change the lockscreen (a vanilla look) it won't show your text there.

5. sxelsharif

sxelsharif Member

ya i was wondering about this too...is there a way to just disable the lock screen, but still have the pattern thing? i mean what is the point of having that pattern thing if your messages are going to show up on the lock screen anyway? i use handcent for my texts, but i don't like having to messaging apps on my phone...is there a way i can remove the stock sms app or will it ruin my phone? i have rooted (2.1) my phone...currently not running any ROM.

6. Sixxx

Sixxx Well-Known Member

Well... I can't exactly answer that as far as removing the stock app, but i had my startup auditor to disable the mms app completely and it seemed to be the reason why my picture mail refused to download. So i wouldn't suggest removing it.