Diabling the missed call notification in the upper barSupport

1. kielbasa

kielbasa Active Member

Guys, once I got the Go sms pro, my problem with unread sms notification in upper bar with keeping the sound at the same time's gone.
    I just set 'bar notification' in stock sms panel to none (this normally leads to lack of sound when sms comes, I even created one separate thread about that) and after You suggested installing 'Go sms', this problem has gone completetly due to ability of overriding all notification settings in this program.

But... since the time I got the touch pal dialer, I don't know how to get rid of 'missed call' upper bar notification. I click on the Dialer icon to see 'missed calls', come back to startup screen, and there's still missed call notification in upper bar. This is probably the Android stock dialer problem, where I CANNOT find any settings (what I did find in messages panel).

Do You have any suggestions here?

thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Marcha

Marcha Well-Known Member

Hi,
    First of all: good to know that Go SMS Pro helped with your first problem.
    Now on to the next: I have a few questions for you. Can it be you had a missed call before and you didn't delete it from your call logs yet? Please check if there's still anything in there. Just to be sure, you can also check the history-tab in your mail. If after that you still have the missed call notification in your bar, let us know please!
  3. kielbasa

kielbasa Active Member

Marcha,

Yes, I clear the log each time.
    I touch the dialer icon to see missed call and when I return to home screen, the '1' number dissapears over the dialer icon, but I still see the missed call notification in the bar. So I have to get into the bar, and there clear the missed calls again.

Any ideas how to solve this? Clearing them in two separate places each time is a bit frustrating.

Thanks.
  4. Marcha

Marcha Well-Known Member

Hi Kielbasa,
    Obviously I didn't understand you completely the first time. I thought you couldn't clear the missing call notification from the notification bar at all. But since you can and the problem seems to be that you have to clear it twice, I'm afraid that is the only way to do it in the stock dialer. I agree it's really annoying.
  5. kielbasa

kielbasa Active Member

that's ok marcha. it's semms the only way is to get rid of the stock dialer.. cheers!