Diagnostic mode?Support

1. kolosus

kolosus Well-Known Member

Anyone know how to put the Prevail into Diagnostic Mode?

I know that on the Epic it is ##8778#. But on the Prevail it brings me to a screen but the computer wont pick it up as a device in diagnostic mode on any port. It does pick it up as a Samsung Modem. I have the standard drivers... could it be that I need to get diagnostic drivers? Disabling the modem didn't help either.

Any help/ideas folks?

Advertisement
  2. alsaces daddy

alsaces daddy Well-Known Member

I have used dm before without a hitch. Do you have USB debugging on? Or "ask on connection"?
    Nomad1 likes this.
  3. Topken

Topken Well-Known Member

I think it's ##7876# then hit email and it should reboot into the mode you need at least that's what I have o do on the to be able to change the prl of the phone
  4. new optimus

new optimus Well-Known Member

this should help
    Tannus, cafmaster, zehn and 2 others like this.
  5. Topken

Topken Well-Known Member

I thought I might of had the 7678 swapped around and I did thanks for that post as that is what i was trying to explain
  6. iPhOneH8tr

iPhOneH8tr New Member

I've been looking for an answer/fix to the usb diag port issue after using GB V2.1 from AA51. This worked perfectly
    Thank you very much
  7. new optimus

new optimus Well-Known Member

your welcome
  8. prevail2exist

prevail2exist Well-Known Member

ok I know im going to make myself sound stupid but where do i dial ##7678# in order to be able to put in my msl number?
    I've done it before just cant remember where I did it at
  9. johnny424

johnny424 Well-Known Member

use your dialer bro:D

Sent from my SPH-M930BST using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
  10. prevail2exist

I tried that but nothing happened:(

Edit: ok i tried the first number given which was ##8778# and the numbers just disappear
  11. Caeadas

Caeadas Well-Known Member

12. prevail2exist

13. Koumajutsu

Koumajutsu Well-Known Member

pretty sure it works for both

Sent from my VIC-20 using Tapatalk 4 Beta-7
  14. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ Guide

3.3 is made from another phones ROM... The dialer isn't supported in 3.3 either
  15. johnny424

johnny424 Well-Known Member

yeah above post didnt say what rom he was using..plus i havent messed with prls and the hidden menu sense ctmod 2.4...i know back then you used the dialer..plus i thought he was asking where you would enter those numbers..thats why i said the dialer:)
    i dont know much about that dl mode script so i wouldnt be of anymore help
    Sent from this Gtab 10.1 using Tapatalk 2 Beta 2
  16. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Well-Known Member

It does .
  17. 504rebel

504rebel New Member

Have prevail...rooted...switched both 7876 & 8778 to USB...but still seems not to be in diag mode... Can't get cdma workshop to Connect...."failed.. Phone not answering"...3 days straight...HELP PLEASE
  18. tivofool

tivofool Well-Known Member

When you dialed #7678## entered msl then selected dm , did your phone reboot?
  19. fcortes626

fcortes626 Well-Known Member

what rom are you running?
  20. cwhatever

cwhatever Life Goes On Guide

prolly not 2.5 or lower and not 1/2 ass.
  21. Koumajutsu

Koumajutsu Well-Known Member

22. fcortes626

fcortes626 Well-Known Member

the script doesnt work on all phones. best thing to do is to make a backup and flash ctmod 2.4 and then dial ##7678# select dm and your phone should reboot. thats what i do and it works. did it a couple of days ago and it worked
  23. CooLoser

CooLoser Well-Known Member

##7678# the phone will reboot.
  24. shawner808

shawner808 New Member

25. jeffersds

jeffersds New Member

hi, I have been trying to access my sph-m820bst through CDMA WS for several days to no avail. Every time I try to put it in DM regardless of rom (CT MOD3.8, HalfAssRom1_0, 187MoD-HoneyBread6) it fails to accept the MSL with an error message saying "modem exception occours". It also randomly reboots and dialer hangs when dialing. Thinking it may have something to do with the custom rom, I have spent the last few days searching for a stock rom but, all of the links posted in "all-things-root" thread are broken with the exception of the FF18-rooted, but the file is unflashable as far as I can tell. Im only using the phone for a doner phone, so the random reboots really don't matter that much to me unless someone thinks it may be a symptom of a larger problem. Any help provided would be GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks