• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help dial a name add a space

daniels012

Apr 11, 2011
I had an EVO shift. I used to start typing my brothers name and last name and the phone pulled up his number and I just callled. GREAT Feature.
ie: JohnDoeSmith And it would automatically find John Doe Smith

I since then have had a replacement phone of a Galaxy S. I try to do this on my new phone, it does fine up to all the text together. How do I enter a space on the onscreen number pad?

Thank You

There isn't the ability to input a space on the dial pad. The Galaxy S will offer suggestions of who you want to call based on what you are typing. For instance, if you want to call John Doe Smith you would start typing 5, 6, 4, 6 and the phone will display a contact named John in your phone book. But, if you have more than one John there will be a box to the right of the name with a number in it to indicate how many more John's there are. Tap on that to select which John you want to call.

Ray.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones