Dial pad Beeping while talking on PhoneSupport

Last Updated:

1. Midnitecloud

Midnitecloud New Member This Topic's Starter

My wife's phone keeps beeping when she talks to people. It sounds like she is just mashing keys the whole time she is talking but the phone is against her face. I told her to make sure it is resting against her cheek so that her cheek isn't randomly hitting buttons on the dial pad but that still doesn't help. Anyone have any suggestions of how to fix this?

Advertisement
  2. rpack

rpack Active Member

There's a button on the bottom right corner "Dial Pad" that makes it disappear. She can press that every time she answers, so her cheek doesn't hit it, or there's a setting to change the default . Go to Settings>Call settings and scroll all the way down to "Show dial pad"

3. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

shouldn't matter, as the proximity sensor should shut off the screen when her face gets close to it

4. rpack

rpack Active Member

The screen shuts off if I'm actually holding the phone with my hand. But there are times that I use my shoulder to hold the phone to my face, if my hands aren't free, and the screen does not shut off. I'm not sure what the difference is, because the sensor is still covered, but that's what I've experienced. Maybe the OP's wife is doing the same thing?