• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dial pad by default? (outgoing)

teknomedic

Jun 25, 2010
Is there a setting, app, etc. that will make the "dial pad" show by default when I make a phone call?

Basically, there are few numbers I dial that use an automated system and I'm required to press certain numbers to continue and I grow tired of selecting the number pad myself.

It's not as important on incoming calls, but would be nice there as well I guess.

thanks for any info,
tk.

close, but not what I'm looking for (unless I'm missing some setting).

What "not call log" does is put you almost anywhere you want to be AFTER a call is ended using the "end" button. So if you want to "kill" to the home screen or end up at the dial pad or even load another program that's what this will do.

It's seems like a great little app and I'm sure to keep it installed.

What I really need though is once a call is CONNECTED... instead of that "caller ID screen" (with the picture ID) coming up, I want the phone to bring up the dial pad... that way when I call my voice mail or any number of customer service lines I don't have to press "dial pad" first, but can just start hitting the numbers as the voice prompts spit them out.

Basically, if I'm calling someone... I know who I'm calling so I don't need the caller ID screen once the call is connected anyway.... and if someone is calling me, I only need the caller ID screen BEFORE the call is connected. Once connected the dial pad is what I want displayed.

Any thoughts??

Upvote 0
I agree it would make more sense to have the keypad automatically pop up for outbound calls, but as a work around for phone calls that I know the numbers I need to press I place them in the phone number using commas for a 2 second pause.

For example for voicemail I changed the number to

That string dials my voicemail, pause, inputs my password, pause, then inputs 1 to listen to new messages. If you need longer pauses put in multiple commas. I have another call that is more complex, but it still works.

800-555-5555,123456*11111#,1,5

Upvote 0
close, but not what I'm looking for (unless I'm missing some setting).

What "not call log" does is put you almost anywhere you want to be AFTER a call is ended using the "end" button. So if you want to "kill" to the home screen or end up at the dial pad or even load another program that's what this will do.

It's seems like a great little app and I'm sure to keep it installed.

What I really need though is once a call is CONNECTED... instead of that "caller ID screen" (with the picture ID) coming up, I want the phone to bring up the dial pad... that way when I call my voice mail or any number of customer service lines I don't have to press "dial pad" first, but can just start hitting the numbers as the voice prompts spit them out.

Basically, if I'm calling someone... I know who I'm calling so I don't need the caller ID screen once the call is connected anyway.... and if someone is calling me, I only need the caller ID screen BEFORE the call is connected. Once connected the dial pad is what I want displayed.

Any thoughts??
ohh ok . sorry about that... i got what u lookin for now

Upvote 0
I agree it would make more sense to have the keypad automatically pop up for outbound calls, but as a work around for phone calls that I know the numbers I need to press I place them in the phone number using commas for a 2 second pause.

For example for voicemail I changed the number to

That string dials my voicemail, pause, inputs my password, pause, then inputs 1 to listen to new messages. If you need longer pauses put in multiple commas. I have another call that is more complex, but it still works.

800-555-5555,123456*11111#,1,5

This is a good tip for places you know the "pattern", thanks. :) I bet it sucks when they update their systems code entries though, lol. I'll have to use this tip for my frequent numbers. :)

Could still use an app to do the main request though. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones