• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dialer app with built-in visual voicemail?

robdam1001

Dec 14, 2013
Coming from an iphone, the one big feature that I do miss on my Samsung GS4 GPE is having visual voicemail built-in to the dialer. Seems rather simple but I can't seem to find ANY Android app that has this capability. right now, I'm using the stock Galaxy S4 Dialer and visual YouMail. Not exactly ideal. Thanks.

Coming from an iphone, the one big feature that I do miss on my Samsung GS4 GPE is having visual voicemail built-in to the dialer. Seems rather simple but I can't seem to find ANY Android app that has this capability. right now, I'm using the stock Galaxy S4 Dialer and visual YouMail. Not exactly ideal. Thanks.

A lot of simple things can be left out of the operating system for any number of reasons, which is the same case for the iOS operating system. When the point is reached when some functionality is needed which isn't present in the operating system then it would be an opportunity it for developers to capitalise on this, but there would also need to be significant demand for it, no matter how convenient it is.

At the moment I don't know of any application that has visual voice mail built into the dialler, but I would guess that the demand for it isn't that great, no matter how convenient. There are quite a few advanced applications appearing which have multi-functionality such as Android Tuner, maybe if you know a lot of people who want this functionality then it might be a good idea to contact some of the developers of some diallers and who knows they might collaborate with YouMail

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones