• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Dialer Codes] LG LS740/F90?

Saxön

Apr 26, 2012
This works for the LS740, but I don't
have an F90 and need somebody to confirm that the:

5689#*740# - LG Hidden Service Menu works.

If it doesn't, try replacing at your own risk the 740 with 390 and let me know so I can update post.
DO NOT EDIT UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING... Just back out!

Thanks, Just trying to help the development of our similar devices. :)

After a little common sense and testing I found the LG Hidden Service Menu exclusive to this model...

The rest appear to be current dialer codes I found elsewhere that work on our phone.

***********USE AT YOUR OWN RISK***********

IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE THESE,
YOU WILL JACK YOUR PHONE UP AND I WILL
NOT BE RESPONSIBLE!!!

*******YOU HAVE BEEN FOREWARNED*******

The following have been tested by me and work on the LS740.

5689#*740# - LG Hidden Service Menu

##RTN# - RTN Menu

##DIAG# - Enables DIAG Mode (Requires MSL)

##DATA# - Advanced DATA Menu

##DEBUG# - DEBUG Menu

##TEST# - DATA Test Menu (Requires MSL)

##LOG# - syslog Info

##WLAN# - WLAN Info

##(YourMSL)# - Service Programming Menu (Requires Reboot To Get Service Again)

The following have NOT been tested but should work also.

##SCRTN# - Erases Any Info That Has Been OTA Provisioned (Forces A Reboot And Reactivation)

##CLEAR# - Reset Network Settings

##UPDATE# - Forces Activation

##GPSCLRX# - Clears GPS

##GPSTESTPRL# - Test GPS PRL File

##MRU# - MRU Clear

##SSDRTN# - Resets SSD

Before people start hammering me on the method I used to get my MSL,
I called boost customer service on another matter and at the end of the call just asked for it and voil

None of those apks. Like MSL Reader won't work on the Volt/F90 or any KitKatt droid from what I read when I went thru hell trying to get msl!!! My advice is this call Boost/Virgin Mobile or Sprint in order to acquire your MSL# without sounding too obvious say something to the effect of I brought my phone to my local (we'll say virgin mobile cuz that's who I have & this is what I said & it worked first try!!!) Store & they said the reason I'm having problems with my 3G is that my PRL isn't updating on its own or when I try to do it manually. So the guy at the store told me I had to call Virgin Mobile Cust. Care & request my MSL# & it should work. I called the day before 4 separate times a hour or so apart & got 4 different reasons why they couldn't give me my MSL# so the next day I got the bright idea after reading something in a post & it worked. Whatever you do if they offer to walk you through and try fixing it also with them say you don't have time blah blah cuz I got sucked in & the operator ended up resetting my Volt & my data wouldn't work for almost a day for some strange reason! Anyway that's 1 way everyone, good luck getting your MSL's!

Upvote 0
ANY CAN PLEASE REPLY ME WHAT IS Dialer codes ??

##RTN# - RTN Menu
##SCRTN# - Erases any info that has been OTA provisioned. Forces a reboot and re-activation.
##DIAG# - Enables diag mode. Newer revisions have this menu blocked by MSL. See here to get around that.
##DATA# - Advanced data menu.
##DEBUG# - Debug Menu
##CLEAR# - Reset network settings
##UPDATE# - Forces Activation
##GPSCLRX# - Clear GPS
##GPSTESTPRL# - ??
##WLAN# - WLAN info
##LOG# - syslog info
##MRU# - MRU Clear
##SSDRTN# - Reset SSD
##TEST - Data Test menu
##YOUROWNMSLHERE# - Service Programming menu

Means what i should dial? exp : ##2255#

Upvote 0
None of those apks. Like MSL Reader won't work on the Volt/F90 or any KitKatt droid from what I read when I went thru hell trying to get msl!!! My advice is this call Boost/Virgin Mobile or Sprint in order to acquire your MSL# without sounding too obvious say something to the effect of I brought my phone to my local (we'll say virgin mobile cuz that's who I have & this is what I said & it worked first try!!!) Store & they said the reason I'm having problems with my 3G is that my PRL isn't updating on its own or when I try to do it manually. So the guy at the store told me I had to call Virgin Mobile Cust. Care & request my MSL# & it should work. I called the day before 4 separate times a hour or so apart & got 4 different reasons why they couldn't give me my MSL# so the next day I got the bright idea after reading something in a post & it worked. Whatever you do if they offer to walk you through and try fixing it also with them say you don't have time blah blah cuz I got sucked in & the operator ended up resetting my Volt & my data wouldn't work for almost a day for some strange reason! Anyway that's 1 way everyone, good luck getting your MSL's!

Any one can help me? I have Msl of lg LS720 (f3) but i don't Know where it apply! Please tell me secret code?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones