• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Dialer Codes] -=LG LS740 Volt=-

Saxön

Apr 26, 2012
After a little common sense and testing I found the LG Hidden Service Menu exclusive to this model...

The rest appear to be current dialer codes I found elsewhere that work on our phone.

***********USE AT YOUR OWN RISK***********

IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE THESE,
YOU WILL JACK YOUR PHONE UP AND I WILL
NOT BE RESPONSIBLE!!!

*******YOU HAVE BEEN FOREWARNED*******

The following have been tested by me and work.

5689#*740# - LG Hidden Service Menu

##RTN# - RTN Menu

##DIAG# - Enables DIAG Mode (Requires MSL)

##DATA# - Advanced DATA Menu

##DEBUG# - DEBUG Menu

##TEST# - DATA Test Menu (Requires MSL)

##LOG# - syslog Info

##WLAN# - WLAN Info

##(YourMSL)# - Service Programming Menu (Requires Reboot To Get Service Again)

The following have NOT been tested but should work also.

##SCRTN# - Erases Any Info That Has Been OTA Provisioned (Forces A Reboot And Reactivation)

##CLEAR# - Reset Network Settings

##UPDATE# - Forces Activation

##GPSCLRX# - Clears GPS

##GPSTESTPRL# - Test GPS PRL File

##MRU# - MRU Clear

##SSDRTN# - Resets SSD

Before people start hammering me on the method I used to get my MSL,
I called boost customer service on another matter and at the end of the call just asked for it and voila.

Last edited:
MSL Update: While I had no problem getting mine through Boost, mjhealy1978 did in the first few attempts to Virgin. He was able to after he:

" I had told her my prl wasn't updating that's why i needed my msl. She did this to help make the prl update I'm pretty sure"

So while some CS reps are quick to give it out, others require some tactics and finesse.

Hope this was helpful :)

-=Thanks are always appreciated and Happy Modding=-

Last edited:
Reactions: mjhealy1978
Upvote 0
Does anyone know of a dialer code to see what LTE band you're on? Such as band 25, 26, or 41? SignalCheckPro isn't showing that band I'm on and I'm curious because the LTE coverage is amazingly better on this phone compared to the S3!!
26 & 41 are enabled (It is in data/lte)

Hope this helps :)

-=Thanks are always appreciated and Happy Modding=-

Reactions: mjhealy1978
Upvote 0
Can someone post the other Dialer code? the one I have to put in every time I install a custom rom? I've been trying to find the post with it but putting it here would be incredibly helpful. It goes #*#*BLAHBLA*#*# .

Edit found it. Was brought to my attention it's not a stock dialer code, but if anyone else finds themselves sifting the threads trying to find it again -- here's the one that brings up data menu options in some of our custom roms.
*#*#4636#*#*

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Can someone post the other Dialer code? the one I have to put in every time I install a custom rom? I've been trying to find the post with it but putting it here would be incredibly helpful. It goes #*#*BLAHBLA*#*# .

Edit found it. Shit shoulda been here months ago.
*#*#4636#*#*
That's not a stock dialer code though, which is what this list is.

Reactions: aethervagrant
Upvote 0
Just wanted to add to the getting your MSL discussion...

When you activate your phone on boostmobile.com, when the activation is successful, you'll get a screen that says "Congratulations _yourname_" On that screen it lists your MSL. Also it lists your phone number and MSID.
I would like to see a screenshot of that since it seems highly unlikely that they would just broadcast your MSL like that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones