• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Dialer Displaying Numbers Oddly on S3

About 2 weeks ago my dialer started displaying numbers oddly - when I type a phone number, instead of grouping in the standard format, it does two numbers and then a space. Easier to demonstrate than explain:

Before: (000) 555-1212
Now: 00 0555 1212

It kind of looks like it thinks I am making an international call - even when I am in the USA and dialing a US #. Today I had an incoming caller ID that looked like that.

Any ideas what is causing this?

About 2 weeks ago my dialer started displaying numbers oddly - when I type a phone number, instead of grouping in the standard format, it does two numbers and then a space. Easier to demonstrate than explain:

Before: (000) 555-1212
Now: 00 0555 1212

It kind of looks like it thinks I am making an international call - even when I am in the USA and dialing a US #. Today I had an incoming caller ID that looked like that.

Any ideas what is causing this?

I have seen this. There was a phone setting to allow you to change the format of your phone #. Unfortunately don't have my cell near me to search for it. Press Menu then settings and look around.

Upvote 0
Two answer both posters:

* It is dialing correctly, but it can be difficult to read phone numbers. A minor nuisance for most people but, because I do some international traveling where saved phone numbers don't work and I have to dial everything manually, a pain for me

* I cannot find the option to correctly format phone numbers. I am on the Verizon Galaxy S3 with up to date firmware (4.2 iirc). Any idea where it might be?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones