Dialer not 'asking' anymore (Google Voice)Support

Last Updated:

1. FrayAdjacent

FrayAdjacent Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys (and girls),

Recently I noticed my dialer on my Droid (stock 2.2 ROM, rooted, but nothing else major done) stopped asking if I wanted to dial using Google Voice or not. Checking the Voice app, it is in fact set to ask.

I restarted the phone, and double checked Google Voice, and the dialer still does not ask.

Last night, I uninstalled Google Voice and then restarted, reinstalled GV, logged in, set it to ask, restarted the phone again, and STILL, it doesn't ask.

I just tried signing out of my account on the GV app, and then signing back in, still no asking when dialing out.

Any ideas?

Might I need to nuke & pave? It's not a HUGE bother, but sometimes I do want to call using GV to obfuscate my cell number...

Advertisement
  2. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

GV was having issues the other day...maybe it still is?
    This may not help but I just placed a call using GV and it did work, but I don't have it set to ask. I am using Voice Choice so any number not on my 'list' uses GV and it just did work right. I also don't use the stock dialer (I use Dialer One).
    You may want to check the Voice Choice app out, it's pretty nice. You select numbers from your phonebook that you do not want to use GV for and all the rest default to use it (GV needs to be set to always use). It works really well with Google Voice Callback too!

shadowdude777 likes this.
  3. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

I've been looking for an app like that since GV was released. Thank you so much!

4. FrayAdjacent

FrayAdjacent Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Clem,

I just checked, it's still not asking. I am currently downloading Voice Choice, and will give it a shot! Sounds like a great app!