1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Dialer One 1.2.7.1 - disable simultaneous search on call log & contacts?

Last Updated:

1. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just installed the latest DialerOne (1.2.7.1) from the Market and find that the new simultaneous search of the call log and contacts is annoying in that it places call log entries at the top of the list, and tapping on them brings up the call history for that contact instead of listing their numbers so you can choose one to dial. I don't see any way to turn this off. Am I missing something?

It would seem natural to have the ability to limit the search to the screen presented (search only the call log when the call log is displayed, or search only the contacts when contacts are displayed), but I have Dialer One display the call log by default, so that I can quickly call a recently called contact, or just start dialing to search, so this wouldn't work for me either.

I would much rather go back to the way it used to be. Of course, I figured I didn't need to backup the previous version because after all, what could change? Now I have this, and the coloring of the digits on the keypad is weird, even after adjusting it as much as possible.

Advertisement
  2. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't like the new "feature" at all. I sent an email about it:

Me:
    Hi,
    I just installed (both) updates and cannot figure out how to make it search only in the contact list like it used to. It is searching my call log and is also searching by number. I have it set to search by name only.
    It always searched just my contact list but now seems to search everything...call log, numbers and contacts. Not sure if this is a bug or I need to change a setting.
    Thanks

Yermek/Dialer One:
    Hi,
    Thank you for the feedback and using Dialer One. This is new feature - to search call log and contact list. I'll add option to select where to search.

Hopefully he gets that up soon. The shadowed digits don't bother me too much, I made them yellow and they are OK to read that way.

3. probinson

probinson Well-Known Member

The dev is fast - option to control where the search is done is there now under T9 settings.

4. UncleMike

Wow! That's a fast response. Thanks guys. I like to get some sort of sanity check before emailing a developer, to make sure I'm not just being stupid.

It's developers like this that make me want to make an optional contribution.

5. UncleMike

Wow! That's a fast response. Thanks guys. I like to get some sort of sanity check before emailing a developer, to make sure I'm not just being stupid.

It's developers like this that make me want to make an optional contribution. Now that I'm so inspired to do so, I get a message from PayPal that "the recipient is currently unable to receive money". Hopefully this gets fixed before my excitement wanes.

6. steelersmb

steelersmb Well-Known Member

I have been using Takephone but have heard about Dialer One as well. Couple of questions:

1. Can you search contacts by company?
    2. Takephone has an option to convert extenstions to hard or soft pauses. Is this an option?

Thanks.