• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dialer One 1.2.7.1 - disable simultaneous search on call log & contacts?

UncleMike

Android Expert
Nov 15, 2009
Central NJ
I just installed the latest DialerOne (1.2.7.1) from the Market and find that the new simultaneous search of the call log and contacts is annoying in that it places call log entries at the top of the list, and tapping on them brings up the call history for that contact instead of listing their numbers so you can choose one to dial. I don't see any way to turn this off. Am I missing something?

It would seem natural to have the ability to limit the search to the screen presented (search only the call log when the call log is displayed, or search only the contacts when contacts are displayed), but I have Dialer One display the call log by default, so that I can quickly call a recently called contact, or just start dialing to search, so this wouldn't work for me either.

I would much rather go back to the way it used to be. Of course, I figured I didn't need to backup the previous version because after all, what could change? Now I have this, and the coloring of the digits on the keypad is weird, even after adjusting it as much as possible.

Yeah, I don't like the new "feature" at all. I sent an email about it:

Me:
Hi,
I just installed (both) updates and cannot figure out how to make it search only in the contact list like it used to. It is searching my call log and is also searching by number. I have it set to search by name only.
It always searched just my contact list but now seems to search everything...call log, numbers and contacts. Not sure if this is a bug or I need to change a setting.
Thanks

Yermek/Dialer One:
Hi,
Thank you for the feedback and using Dialer One. This is new feature - to search call log and contact list. I'll add option to select where to search.

Hopefully he gets that up soon. The shadowed digits don't bother me too much, I made them yellow and they are OK to read that way.

Upvote 0
Wow! That's a fast response. Thanks guys. I like to get some sort of sanity check before emailing a developer, to make sure I'm not just being stupid.

It's developers like this that make me want to make an optional contribution. Now that I'm so inspired to do so, I get a message from PayPal that "the recipient is currently unable to receive money". Hopefully this gets fixed before my excitement wanes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones